32. She's Cryptic

Mystery is the soul of existence...

***

Arden

"Wake up."

The maze...there...

"Wake up."

There was a maze...and Hayden...Ali...I- I saw...Ar-

"Hello?"

She said we will all perish....what?

"Wake up." I jolted up and immediately grasped the closest thing to me. When I woke, I found myself in the plane. The same plane, the same plane that we were in a couple of- the same plane that fell out of the sky.

I looked around hastily as I could hear my breathing coming out rigidly and rapidly. I was gripping the plane seat but I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw we were on the ground. The plane seemed fine and that's when I also noticed my friends.

They were all knocked out...Or sleeping? What the-

"Welcome to Greece, Ms. Arden Taipan." I brought my eyes to the pilot, who was standing in front of me and wearing a casual and calm smile. "Sorry to wake you, but we've reached our destination."

I looked out the window slowly- my body still behaving as if going into shock- and then back to the pilot. He raised his eyebrows at me. He was tall, slim, and you could see the age in his hair and his face. He was dressed in his navy blue uniform with a white hat settled on his head. He seemed like a sweet old man. However, he was acting like everything was fine- like we didn't just fall out of the sky- like the plane wasn't about to crash straight into the earth at a momentum that could've killed everyone.

Maybe...none of that happened.

"Greece?" I asked. My voice was deep, quiet, and pretty hard to hear. The pilot nodded. "Yes, Greece. Welcome to Athens, I take it your flight went well?"

Hold the fuck up...

I had so many things rushing through my mind right now, the only thing I could do was raise my eyebrows at the poor pilot.

***

"I couldn't help it," Ali said loudly. You could see how tired and dazed he was. Under his eyes were red and his eyes were glossed over, almost as if he kept reliving that stupid vision we all had. "I was just...tempted, alright?"

I don't know why this was happening. What the hell is going on with all these visions? I was sure that everyone and our different 'optics' were related- clearly- and whoever is behind this obviously wants to take us down- I think.

"You know what sounds tempting?" Nikki growled. There was anger and venom in her voice and I have to say I was thankful to finally be at the hotel. We've all been hearing Ali and Nikki go back and forth since we got off the damn plane. "My foot, up your ass."