57. Frenzy

Demoniac frenzy, moping melancholy, and moon-struck madness. -John Milton

 -John Milton

***

Hayden

"What's wrong with him?!" Armani asked quickly. She stared at him with concern and worry.

"I don't know," I answered quickly, my breathing was faster than usual. As I tried to hold onto Ace, he kept screaming. He's been shrieking out loudly for the past five minutes and I don't know what the hell is going on with him.

I was surprised despite all the bat-shit crazy things that have been happening. Ace's body was on the floor- he rested on his knees yet his upper body bent forward, close to the ground. His hands held onto his hair tightly, almost pulling on it. He was straining his body as he bellowed. The veins in his body were popping out and I could tell he is in serious pain.

I held onto him, trying to get this attention. I was trying to get him to stop, calling out to him. "Ace, Ace!"

He continued to scream, his eyes were shut closed tightly and my eyes were wide as I watched him.

Camilla shook her head as she looked up at me. "We have to do something, he's not going to stop." I looked at her a few more seconds before returning my gaze back to Ace. "Hypnosis. You can try hypnosis on him."

Was she serious? Sometimes I wonder about the people that come into my life. "Do I look like a fucking therapist to you?!" I snapped at her. Camilla frowned at me.

"I mean spellbind him, dumbass. Put him under a trance, like you did Zakari."

"He's not exactly calm right now," I stated loudly over Ace's screams. Ace's shouts echoed and bounced off the walls of the large room. I'd never admit it out loud but, this was scaring me a little. What was wrong with him? Was he in pain, Does something hurt, was he scared-

"Shit, you are useless." Camilla glared at me before holding onto Ace.

"What's wrong with the both of you, someone just do something!" Armani exclaimed quickly. She bent down on her knees in front of Ace, examining him. I sighed as I let go.

Ace and were having an...interesting conversation about Armani right before he began putting his lungs to work. I was taken off guard when he said he knew about my feelings for Armani. Was it that fucking obvious?

He said he wasn't upset about it- at least not anymore- which was weird. He said that he understood and that he wouldn't be upset about it anymore. It seemed a little weird and cheesy but, it showed that Ace had strength, maturity, and manliness. A part of me was slightly guilty...maybe a little embarrassed but...I guess this was helping me move on a little bit.