51. Retain What's Already Gone

The mind wants to forget, but the heart will always remember...

***

Zane

I stood with my arms folded in front of me. "Can't you scan her and see what's going on?" I asked Ace. He shook his head in front of me.

"No I can't." He sighed looking over at Armani. Yeah, we got her unconscious and we decided to bring her back to the suite. We got some curious looks as we entered the hotel with an unconscious girl thrown over Ali's shoulder. However, while making our way upstairs and down the hall, Armani woke up.

She began freaking out again and I might've got kicked in the jewels, but I was alright now. It took about ten minutes of more fighting to knock her out again. Now, She was tied up in one of the wooden chairs. We put tape over her mouth so all we got from her was a cold glare.

She's been pretty calm for the past twenty minutes considering the fact that she couldn't really do anything. Arden figured a way to minimize her power for now, so there would be no escaping. Arden just stared at us with cold and angry eyes.

"Do you think Johanna did it?" Perri asked. I shook my head.

"I think it might've been from the fall," I answered. "She hit her head pretty hard, there must be a part of her brain that was affected." It was quiet for a while.

"Will she be okay?" Nikki asked lowly.

Ace sighed and nodded, turning his attention back to us. "She should be."

"How does she know none of us but she knows how to use her powers so well?" Hayden asked lowly. We were all curious. I looked back over to Armani.

"Maybe I can try to read her," Arden suggested. I looked at her before nodding. She seemed a little wary about it all. Remembering the things she told me the other day, and how everything would be fine, I believed her. I trusted her. Despite all the absolutely ridiculous things happening to and between us, I knew everything was going to be fine.

However, this right here- this was not fine. Armani has no memory of who we are, and what we mean to her.

"But before I do," Arden continued. She fidgeted with her bracelet. "Maybe she'll talk."

"Last time you all tried that, she almost took off your head." Camilla pointed out. I gave her a pointed look and she shrugged. "Ace, maybe you'd have a better chance of talking to your girlfriend. She'll probably only tear out your hair and not your arm."

I gave her another look and she held her hands up.

"Stop," I told her.

"What, I'm trying to lighten the mood."