52. Zeus and Hera Part 2

And she was made to appear crazy by the men who drove her there...

***

Arden

I sighed as I rested on on a chair, skipping through one of the archaic books. The room was beginning to smell like dust and wood. The smell of old book pages also filled the area.

The books were heavy and large, for whatever reason. I set the book on the table next to me. It was another spellbook. I can't even tell you how many I've gone through already.

Nikki fell asleep about ten minutes ago plastered on the huge table in the middle of the room. Ace was still talking to Armani in the corner. Time to time she would look at the rest of us crazy, and I couldn't even blame her. Camilla spoke some truth, we were a pretty messed up group. I could only imagine the bizarre things Ace was telling her.

Everyone else was still searching, however, we've been listening to Ali and his complaints. I didn't see how it was going to help, because we haven't found shit. "I'm gonna rip my throat out if we don't find something soon." He groaned as he leaned dramatically against one of the ten-foot shelves.

"Great," Camilla clapped across the room. "Then we won't have to listen to your annoying ass voice complain for the rest of the day."

Ali glared at her and with the flick of his hand, she was dragged off of the wooden ladder attached to the shelves. Camilla yelped as she hit the floor. "Bitch!"

"You guys, we're never going to find anything if you keep messing around," Zane grumbled out loud.

"Ah, hey, guys. I think I got something!" Hayden said loudly while staring into a book. Thank goodness.

I quickly skipped over to Hayden and everyone else followed. Armani followed Ace, curious about what was going on. "Wonderful, I thought we wouldn't find anything." Perri clapped his hands together and he peered down into the book Hayden had. Hayden set the codex on the large table and brushed off some of the dust and cobwebs that covered it.

"What'ya got?" I asked.

Hayden squinted his eyes and looked down into the text. "It looks like a journal dating from about a thousand years ago. I'm pretty sure Circe wrote it...but some of her sources are...the Moirai..."

"The Moirai?" I asked. I turned to Camilla curiously. "The Fates. Does your mother have a close correlation with them?"

Camilla tucked her golden stripe of hair behind her ear. "I'm not sure- but she did say some of the stories she used to tell me came from them."

"Came from them?" Perri asked.

"Yes, sweetie, the Fates hold all events and time in their minds, and they used to share it all with my mother."