3. Thinking About...

Thinking : The talking of the soul with itself. -Plato

***Zane

***
Zane

"You know, it enjoys me to see you like this." Ali miled at me.

I rolled my eyes as I cast my gaze on the ground. "I'm glad you feel that way." I mumbled. "It's been bothering me for a while now. I'm not even sure why i'm so hooked on this anyway."

Ali shrugged next to me. I looked up and we both watched as the girls crowded around one of the stool isolated tables. Armani twirled the darts in her hand and Nikki and Arden watched her as she aimed for the target. Armani always had a perfect aim. It's what she's best at. They were all talking- about who knows what. However, it was Nikki that was running her mouth the most. That's what she's best at.

"I would feel the same way." Ali said next to me. "I mean, it's not like you can ignore it." I can't. But, what can I really do?

"What do I do?" I ask.

Ali turned to me again with a serious expression. "I'm pretty sure if you bring it up, she'll just try to dismiss it. I mean she is fighting it, she might not want to talk about it."

I nodded and sighed. "You're right." She will probably try to decline the whole situation. She has done it before. That thought actually made me a little disappointed. Was she still that upset, was it that bad?

Images and flashbacks of that night came back to me and I shifted uncomfortably. Of course she was still upset, I really can't blame her.

Ali and I returned our gaze back to the girls. My eyes were set on Arden. She was watching Armani carefully. Her eyes calculating everything, like always. She soon asked for a turn to throw one of the darts.

As Nikki continued to run her mouth, Armani handed Arden one of the darts and I watched as she aimed effortlessly and hit the bullseye. Armani gave her a knowing look.

I could feel a ghost of a smile appear on my face. I turned to Ali. "Hey, does your girlfriend ever shut up?"

Ali chuckled as he looked at her. "She's your best friend."

I turned my head when the door to the small restaurant opened and revealed Ace. He was wearing a simple blue hoodie and his blond hair covered half of his forehead. "Hey, guys."

He greeted us. "What up, man?" Ace clasped hands with both Ali and I.

"I'm so tired. I tried to get here as soon as possible." He sighed as he also set his gaze on the girls. "What is with them and that game?" He mumbled. I smiled.

"How was training?" Ali asked him.

Ace ran a hand through his hair, pushing it back and grimaced. "You know training, training is...training."