2. His

Don't Limit your challenges...

***
Zane

"Your emotions, your feelings, your state of mind..." Athena looked me in my eyes seriously as she explained. She explained the same thing over and over again, every day I heard the same thing.

At first, I didn't pay much mind to it, yeah we were going to change. But, I should've known it was going to be more intense than I expected. She was right, and over the course of the past three months, I could feel myself changing.

The other day, I saw Arden talking to one of the other disparates in the battle center. He was blonde, and tall. His structure was broad but i'm sure if I landed a punch to his jaw, he'd feel it to the core. Anyway, I felt the electricity in my body, it was stronger. Outside actually became cloudy. Almost as if a thunderstorm was going to come.

I didn't have control over the weather- no, but my emotions and who I was becoming- it was starting to affect the world around me. The world...my world.

Thinking about my future was nerve wracking, but there was apart of me that knew I could do it, I was ready. Not completely. But I will be.

I nodded as I breathed in and out. "There's a way to channel it, to control it, not completely though. If you're angry that's fine, but if you're infuriated, it will show. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I understand." I stated. We were outside, on the field. It was almost dark and the sun was setting. It was only me and the beautiful goddess of Wisdom and Battle Strategy. I knew I was smart, but I was book smart.

That wouldn't matter much when it came to the world of the gods. Arden, she was book smart and she had wisdom. There was a difference.

Arden...

"Zane." I snapped my gaze up to Athena. She was still in her white toga and the wind blew her hair softly. "Are you alright, you seem distracted." She raised an eyebrow. As I looked at her, I knew she knew what I was thinking about.

I couldn't help it. Arden looked like her mother.

"I'm fine." I responded.

"Alright." She sighed. Athena came to stand next to me. In her mortal form, I was taller than her. She smelled insanely sweet, but also natural. It was hard to explain.

Athena looked up at the sky. I followed her gaze. It was cloudy, and it was going to rain. She stated.

I looked at Athena. "You are doubting yourself, you are unsure." She looked up at me with a simple expression. "Relax." She stated. "This comes naturally. There's nothing to be nervous about. It's not something you were tasked to do, it is just channeling your state of mind." She told me.

I took a deep breathe. "Alright." Athena was a good mentor. She was great. Sometimes It was my father, but when he was busy, it was her. She was wise, and surprisingly easy to be around.