18. Get What's Coming

I'm better, not bitter...

***

Arden

"I still can't believe you guys are allowing us to go." I mumbled.

"You guys aren't children anymore, you're adults. We believe that you guys are able to handle yourselves." Mom responded as she stared at her laptop.

"So," I drawled out fidgeting with my hair. "Why are you putting the executives in charge?" I asked quietly. "And what about other disparates in the area?"

"Well, for your safety and for your comfort, we decided to send you guys in your friend group. Not only are you all disparates, you're all friends. It'd be better if we send you guys to another country feeling comfortable."

My mother looked up at me and tilted her head. "Sweetheart, why does your hair look like you've run through bush?"

I rolled my eyes. "I was taking a nap, mom." I told her and she looked back at her laptop. "But, I also wanted to know if you'll be sitting in on our session tomorrow."

"Surprisingly, no." She looked back up and gave me a tight smile. "I have business to take care of on Olympus."

I raised an eyebrow. "So, when all the other gods are busy who else to put in charge except for Zane." I groaned.

"Mom."

She looked at me with wide eyes. "Technically as Executives, you all should be overseeing the session anyway. It's about working together and building a literal connection between the world around you and your friends."

Not that I don't think we couldn't handle it, but for our first session as a 'unit', I would think we'd have some sort of Mentor. You know, to aid us. I'm sure my mother already knew what I was thinking.

"Sweetie." She tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "You guys are completely capable, I know it, and you know it. Besides, it'll only be for one session, someone will be there to guide you all eventually." She then pinched my cheeks very hard.

"Mom." I groaned. "This is Greece. All of us, in one location, together."

My mom narrowed her eyes at me. "You don't think everything will be fine?" She asked tilting her head.

I pursed my lips. "It's the whole Hayden part i'm worried about. I don't know if three weeks is going to make everything alright. Hayden's going to have a pretty tense month."

"Well, it's up to you guys to come together as one. Leaving it all up to you guys." She leaned back in her chair and her eyes studied me carefully. "And I've noticed that you've certainly have let bygones be bygones with Hayden. You guys seem okay now."