49. Crossing Swords

The higher you build your barriers...

(This song is really touching ;))

***

Arden

My fingers around my sword handle twitched as I glared down, Johanna. "Ah, ah, ah," She was now frowning. "You guys aren't going anywhere." She spoke lowly.

The grunts of Nikki and Kenai in the corner were loud, and there was no way in Hades that we were going to stand here, and not help our friend.

"Like hell we aren't." I heard Ali grumble and he began stepping forward, his fist clenched at his sides and he made a way to help Nikki in the corner.

The veins in his muscles bulged and my jaw hitched as Zakari stepped forward and threw a punch at Ali who gladly returned the favor. His fists are basically weapons and I could hear the damage the punches were making.

Johanna tilted her head, still looking at me. "Well, Arden now's your chance to make your move." She raised an eyebrow when I didn't move. "Unless you're not what they really think you are."

In a flash, I swung my sword directly forward over her head, Johanna bending back to miss it. She grabbed my wrist wrapped around the handle and brought her knee up. I leaned over and brought my foot to her head, and she rolled over, not letting go of the sword, I followed her to the floor. Landing on my knees, I pushed forward and Johanna landed on her back with a grunt.

Using my sense of the room, I knew Ace and Ali were currently taking on Zakari near the door. Shocking to see that he was doing pretty well for a two-on-one. I felt Zane make a move behind me when Kenai used one hand to throw a knife and used the other to hold Nikki to the wall by her throat. The knife landed on his shoulder and he grunted before pulling it out easily. There was a faint sight of blood but the wound healed immediately. Nikki grabbed at Kenai's wrists before lifting both knees and swinging into his gut. Kenai went stumbling back and Zane trudged his way over to uppercut Kenai.

My attention still on Johanna, she grunted as she pushed me off her and rolled over so she was straddling me. Pressing down on my wrist, the sword laid horizontal and she pushed it down to my throat. She was strong, but I fought her nevertheless. Pushing her off again, She sent a kick to my stomach. Armani, armed with her bow and arrow, sent one flying into Johanna's back, taking her off guard. I quickly stood and pulled the arrow out of her back and used my leg to bring her to the floor. I threw the arrow down and she rolled, the arrow getting caught in her shirt.

She took it out, stood up and broke the arrow in two with her knee. She held her hand out and brought Armani close, holding her by the throat.

"Camilla!" I shouted. She ran from Zakari, leaving Ace, Ali, and Perri. "I need your help," I told her breathlessly as she came to my side. "Follow my lead."