15. Rallying

Shocker...

***
Arden

"Ouch," Nikki hissed. Ali was rubbing her back as we sat on the ground of Amazon.

Amazon was another training hall in the Center but not as big as the Battle one next to the entrance. There were alot of halls you could practice in, a lot of rooms too.

Like the Battle Center, Amazon was a circular room with a high ceiling which was amazing considering we were underground. The floor was golden and slick, with different signs, tools, carvings on the walls around us.

We weren't training so we were all kind of just hanging out. Nikki has been complaining about her back for the past few days. Right now, Ali was rubbing it as her face was contorted by pain.

"Maybe if you hold still, it wouldn't hurt." Ali told her. Ace was sitting against another wall, he once again had his guitar. He was was singing and playing, cancelling out the silence on the hall.

Him and Armani have worked everything out. They always do. She was currently carving an arrowhead, laying on her back, her head rested by Ace's feet. I could hear her join in with Ace's singing time to time.

Me, I was concentrated on the ball of water floating in front of me. Sitting with my legs crossed, Perri was in front of me. His palms were raised and his eyes were glowing red.

As Nikki kept groaning at the other side of the room, Perri raised an eyebrow at me and the corner of his mouth raised.

My eyes were shifted and I was trying really hard to keep the water in its formation, and manipulate it out of Perri's control. "Concentrate." He told me.

"I am." I made face while my hands shook with power trying to maintain the water.

Floating water looked cool, it almost seemed non-real. The way it moved in the-

"Arden." Perri chuckled. I looked up at him to see his permanent smile. "You're distracted."

I shook my head, "No, i'm not."

"Yes, you are." I put my gaze back to the water that kept circling and circling-

I actually felt the light wieght in the palm of my hand when-

Water soon splashed, hitting both Perri and I and the legs on my pants were now wet. I gasped as it happened and Perri and I were soon laughing.

"Fantastic job, guys." Ali told us. "Really, incredible."

Way to go, Arden. "See, not focused."

"I was focused. I concentrated so hard."

"Even a slight second of divided attention will cause you to lose the control. Trust me, if I saw it coming, we both wouldn't smell like the beach right now." We laughed again.

"Ahhh, my back." Nikki groaned again. I sighed.

"Nikki, why don't you just ask Ace to take a look."

"Yeah," Armani added. She looked at her now finished metallic arrowhead. "He should be able to tell you what's wrong."

Ali patted her bottom and she dramatically stood up while moaning. "You're such a drama queen." Ali told her from the ground.

She responded with another loud groan. Oh my goodness, she sounded like a moose.

"Come on, grouchy pants, what's the problem?"