80. Remind

Born in grief, raised in hate, helpless to defy his fate, let him run, let him live, but do not forget what we cannot forgive. -The Lion King ll

 -The Lion King ll

***

Zane

"What the actual hell?" I whispered as I looked around. Where am I?

I looked around and came to view with nothing but darkness. I couldn't see that far in front of me. I knew I was in an empty space...maybe. To my sides, were the thick, tall, gray walls.

The same walls I encountered in the visions from Johanna a while ago. I think I was in the same maze she made us believe we were in before. The same maze where Ace had his episode and began screaming about the foreign writing on the walls.

Sure enough, the same symbol we saw before was present now. In thick black ink, was the foreign writing, however....

I titled my head a little after my heartbeat slowed down. I tried to make out what it was...or said. I guess in a way, it almost looked like an X.

What the hell is going on? The last thing I remember was Johanna and her army of harpies attacking Harper and me.

Oh shit, Harper.

I began to look around again. "Harper?!" I called out. "Harper!"

"Zane..."

I turned my head when I heard my name being whispered. I paused and tried to listen carefully. "Zane..."

It was definitely my name but who was calling it?

I was steady for a few moments before I decided to move. I cautiously made my way towards the voice that was calling me.

I slowly walked towards the voice before it became louder. "Zane...Zane...."

It was feminine but I couldn't make out who it was. I squinted my eyes to try and see in front of me. I tried shifting them as well but....nothing happened. I couldn't channel my power.

Soon, a wave of nausea washed over me. I began to feel dizzy for a while and paused when my head started spinning. After a while, I managed to regain my balance and my eyes twitched and adjusted to the new scene I was in.

I was in the Underworld. Hades' lair was filled with broken and damaged pieces of furniture and debris. You could tell the area had just been through a freak disaster. Gems and crystals covered the ceiling. Walls, and now the floors as well.