88. Backfire

You brought the flames and you put me through hell, I had to learn how to fight for myself, and we both know all the truth I can tell, I'll just say this is I wish you farewell.

***

***

Arden

The Phoenix? The Phoenix?! The fucking Phoenix?!

My eyes remained focused on the young woman next to Ace. She gave a tiny smile. "How the hell did you find her?" Zane asked while giving her the same look.

The young woman was fair skinned, she had straight ginger hair- almost blood red. Her eyes were a striking blue-green and freckles outlined under her eyes. Her body was short and thick.

"She was sort of hiding out- she didn't know exactly who she was yet."

"This is Genesis."

"Nice to meet you guys. They've told me a lot."

"Hi," I answered her. I turned back around to see that Bia now had Kenai and Zekari bonded together by the temple. She looked down at them seriously as they glared up at her. Nikki and Ali still seemed a little shocked by Nikki's wings.

I tried hard to not to look at them because I wouldn't be able to stop.

I turned back and gasped when I realized. "Armani!" I stepped forward and engulfed her in a tight hug. She chuckled as I held her close and I pulled back. "You're here, did the Muses fix you? Do you have your memories back?"

She nodded. "I do. I remember everything, except all that happened after that day at the hotel. It's okay, Ace filled me in on everything." I hugged her again before she laughed.

"I'm so glad you're okay," I told her.

"We know about the spell and the Kai," Zane explained.

"That's great!" Ace exclaimed. "Now, they say the Phoenix affiliates with the sunrise. There's another invocation that says the Phoenix brings the new dawn and if we reverse everything Johanna has done by sunrise, it'll be permanent. She just has to say a little enchantment."

"That's fine-"

"Am I tripping or does Nikki have wings?" Perri asked.

"She does."

"What the fuck?" Camilla asked as she looked around. "Well, you all obviously didn't have a great time." I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Now that Genesis is reunited with her followers, the harpies, they'll disband from Johanna. Once both spells are cast, Johanna will undeniably return to Tartarus." Armani explained.