MB. 14.

Walking behind the coffin as we entered the church was the most surreal thing ever. Trey's parents led the way followed by Romeo and myself, the rest fell in line behind, we all took our seats. Only Trey's parents sat in the first set of pews, myself and Romeo in the line behind. 

Mrs DeMarco was full of tears, I could hear her even before the vicar stood at the front of the church. The room fell silent as the last few people took their seats. Romeo held my hand, I let him, he was in a bad place and that is what friends do, right?

It was a bad day for everyone, as sad as I felt, I felt that Trey was finally free in a way. I think he knew he would never be free from this life. The person I felt sorry for the most was Amaya, her life with Trey had only just begun and now it was gruelling snatched away from her, she didn't even get to spend any final moments with him, his final words were wasted on me, even then he didn't speak of her, keeping her a secret to the end. 

How had Romeo even knew about her? I guess she did stick out like a sore thumb, a random person her, a nobody in the world of somebodies. 

When I was outside there was not a single person I did not recognise, all the family had come for this occasion, Amaya was an outcast here. I hope she heeded my warning and after her goodbyes she left. 

I watched as the vicar finally started to speak, his words sounded like nothing, just his lips moving. My eyes looked to Romeo, his eyes had seemed to glaze over like he wasn't actually there anymore. His sad look had turned into a steely gaze as if to say this was just the beginning. 

No one got up during the ceremony, no one made a few words for Trey, it was not the way things were done. I knew the drill, we had all attended these funerals before. No one speaks, no one says anything and after the end of the church bit, we watch the burial, throw in our flowers and then leave. Once we leave they got him and plot revenge amongst the family. 

My ears finally started working again when I heard the music playing, it was a chosen song, one of Trey's favourites, Wonderwall by Oasis. The words were directed at Amaya, even hearing it I knew it. The poor girl, poor baby. 

Romeo nudged me as people started to stand, I followed by standing and Romeo's parents left the pews first, me and Romeo followed. He kept his arm around me as I pulled my hood up over my hair. 

"We'll be back soon," Romeo told me as he kept me close. 

I kept my head down, I didn't want to be like the rest of them, I didn't want to rush this, this was our final goodbye, for now. 

The graveside was sad, lonely. We were all handed a gold rose, everyone that attended the graveside. The vicar spoke a few more words before we asked us all to put our flowers on the lowered coffin. The parents went first, then Romeo, then it was my time. I stepped closer to the grave, my eyes peered in at the maple coffin, his name on a golden tag on the top along with the dates he lived. I slowly opened my hand over it as the rose fell from my hand, onto the coffin before I stepped away, head down towards Romeo who pulled me into a hug as tears escaped my eyes.