MB. 7.

The rest of the night seemed pretty uneventful, the person from the boot had been dragged into the warehouse, we hadn't seen anyone else since then. The day shift came to take over and Lana ended up driving us back to the building. I headed inside, Lana at my side as we headed to the office on the penthouse floor. 

"I've never been on the top level," Lana told me as we stood in the lift. "After today I'll never go in there again."

"What are you going to do?" I asked her as she looked in the mirror, she was examining her bags under her eyes. "Don't do anything stupid."

She looked at me in the mirror giving me a shake of her head, she turned and looked at me. "I won't." 

The doors to the lift opened and we stepped out and to the office, the door was open as I knocked on it getting Romeo's attention. He looked up from his desk before waving us in. 

"I trust you have some information for me, tell me more happened after that incident." His voice full of hope. 

"Nothing," I groaned. "I have no idea why there was no more activity." I glanced at him, holding my right elbow with my left hand, "Seriously though, can we talk about what happened?"

Romeo rubbed his chin as he let out a sigh, "Sit down" he told us, we both sat as we watched him. "Look, can you tell me again what happened?"

I looked at Lana, she looked just as confused as I was. My eyes turned back to Romeo, "What exactly do you want to know again?"

"Well you were talking gibberish on the phone, maybe you can tell me again." I was annoyed that he had accused me, me one of the most trusted people, of talking crazy talk.

I wanted to ask him if he was crazy, maybe he thought he had misheard me last night. "I was no talking gibberish, you really heard me right. The cloaked figure seemed to just pick this man up by holding his hand out in front of him."

Romeo stood up, "Show me."

Lana and I exchanged glances before I stood up and rounded his desk, "He just seemed to..." I held up my hand the same way the figure had last night. "No touching, no one was touching the other person, then he just went up in the air, off the ground."

"His hands were clutching at his throat," Lana cut in trying to make sure we got the whole story across. 

Romeo looked at Lana and then to me. "Okay." I returned to my seat, his response was not what I expected. "Is there anything else?"

I opened my mouth to speak but I was cut off by Lana.

"Actually Sir, there is." Lana spoke to him, "I don't know how to say this." Every time this girl seems strong she came off weak again. 

"Spit it out," Romeo said his patience wearing thin, he changed so instantly. 

"I am not cut out for this," she told him simply. 

"What part are you having problems with Lana?" He asked her, I could see he was trying to keep his cool. I watched as he placed his elbows on his desk bringing his hands together in front of him. 

She looked worried now, worried she had put her foot in it. "I just don't know if I can handle what I saw last night. I don't want to do this anymore, I can be here." She bit her lip, "I don't know."

Romeo stood up, he rounded the desk and stood behind her, "What's happened, Lana?" He spoke calmly. "You didn't seem to have a problem when you took out that woman in the streets, you didn't seem to even have a problem when you took it upon yourself to then go after that child who had seen you."