MB. 23.

A/N: This is just a short one. Sorry.

My hands slapped against Romeo's chest as I screamed obscenities at him, he didn't even try to stop me. "How could you do this to him?! He was alive! I heard his fucking voice! We could have fucking saved him!" I slapped him hard against the chest. "You're fucking disgusting!" 

Romeo just took whatever I gave him, he listened and accepted my anger. 

"You're a pig! Reece did his job and you couldn't even let me go in there and save him!" I screamed, my voice echoing around the room, just myself and Romeo were in this room. I knew outside was a few people waiting, just listening in and waiting to see if they needed to intervene.  "He did whatever he could to protect me, we should have been doing the same for him!"

"He knew the risks when he signed up to be here." Romeo reminded me of the bitter truth. 

I shook my head as tears filled my eyes, "It's not how it's supposed to be." I looked at Romeo as I finally stopped hitting him. "Would you just leave me there to die? To be murdered?"

Romeo looked away, looked towards the window. "It's just business, Blair."

"My life is not business. No one's life is business."

"It's not personal, Blair you know I would try and do whatever for you in an instant. But some things are out of my control." Romeo sighed as he ran his hands through his hair, his whole body tense as he spoke. "I can't save everyone though."

"Please tell me you would save me," I held his hand as I looked up at him. "Tell me you would do anything for me."

Romeo squeezed my hand, "You are just about the only person I would save. No one means as much to me as you do." He kissed me on the forehead as he pulled me close to him, "I want to make sure you are never in that position."

I put my arms around him, "You are the one who shouldn't be in that position." I reminded him. "I would do anything for you, I would rather be in that position than you." We broke our hug apart "But please tell me, why didn't we go and help Reece?"

"Like I said," Romeo looked a little pained, "Not everyone can be saved."

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Returning to Ben's home I unlocked the door and was immediately met by Kaiser and Caesar who looked like they were about to pounce until they saw it was me. I locked the door behind me before slipping my shoes off. 

"Hey boys," I greeted the dogs as Kaiser came over for a fuss. He put his head under my hand and patiently waited before I started to stroke him. "Oh sweetie, where is daddy?"

"You took your time." I heard Ben's voice from upstairs. 

I looked up the stairs at him standing at the top. "Hey, I'm sorry."

"Yeah yeah!" He teased before he walked away from the top of the stairs. 

Shaking my head with a playful smile I stroked both of the dogs before I headed up the stairs. I went into the bathroom where I quickly jumped into the shower, washing away all remains of today. 

As I stood under the hot water I felt a pair of arms slide around my waist, before I felt lips on my neck. I couldn't help but let a moan slip out, Ben knew my weak spots, my neck was one of them. His hands trailed over my body, running through my hair before raking his fingers over my body. 

"What took you so long?" He spoke against my skin, his lips wet against the already wet skin. 

I smiled to myself, "My friend, she was a bit more upset than I thought."

"Well you are here now," Ben's words left his lips. "I wish you didn't go earlier though, I could have brought you straight home when I saw you."

"I wish I didn't go," the words were true. I should have just gone with Ben. Instead, I had returned to his home at a stupid hour after my excessively long debrief. I had to tell Romeo everything, tell him where the base was where we had gone, at least where I suspected it was before I exploded at him. "I missed you."

His fingers skilfully danced across my skin, making me shudder. He helped wash my hair before we finally faced each other, "It's nice to see you." I slowly licked my top lip as I looked at him. "Where have you been all my life?"

He looked so beautiful when he was in the shower, his hair looked like that of a wrestler, slicked back, the water glistening on his skin as it shone in the light. 

"Tell me beautiful," Ben smirked at me. "What are you doing to me?"

I looked at him confused. 

"Something about you Blair," he ran his fingers through my hair, before cupping my face. "You drive me absolutely crazy. I can't imagine not spending my life was you. I can't imagine not spending another night with you."

"What are you saying?" I asked him as I put my hands over his hands that were on my cheeks. 

He ran his right thumb across my lips before he took his hands away, he ran his fingers through his hair, "What am I doing? This is madness." He said mostly to myself before he kissed me on the lips, a kiss passionate kiss. "Marry me, Blair!"

I opened my mouth, well it seemed to just fall open. "Are you serious?" I asked him a massive smile on my face. 

"Deadly," Ben assured me as he waited for me to answer.

"Of course I will," I was so giddy as I gave him an answer. I put my arms around his neck and tiptoed up to kiss him, his lips met mine and before I knew it my back was against the wall, our bodies in a passionate embrace.