MB. 3.

Everything was cold, the room was cold, the bed was cold, everything except my face, I swear, my face was burning right now. Romeo had hit me hard, I had never expected anything like this from him. I guess getting too close is what landed me in hot water but never like this before. I laid in my bed for the rest of the night, until 7 am when I finally rose from the bed, my body not wanting to cooperate with my brain, yet I still dragged myself up. I jumped into the shower where I tried to soothe my face yet I knew nothing would help me right now. I already knew it was going to look bad, I had been in a few fights in my life and even more since helping the DeMarco family, I knew what to expect but I had never been hit that hard before. Even a gun to the side of the head felt much less painful than Romeo's hand. 

I dressed before I finally decided to look in a mirror. I sighed when I saw my face, the right cheek was a red print from the back of his hand and the imprint from the two rings he wore. I didn't know what was worse, the red mark or the fact that one of the rings imprinted on my face was a birthday present from me last year. 

If I was going to do anything today I would be visiting Trey and telling him he is an idiot. So after doing my hair and covering my face with my hair, like an emo child, I headed to medical. Stepping out of the lift I could see a few people at the end of the hall waiting outside the room. I made my way closer, my eyes falling on Mrs DeMarco, Maria, the boy's mother. 

She walked closer to me, her Bambi like features prominent in her time of need, "I'm glad you are here Blair," she said as she leaned in and hugged me. Her eyes looked at my cheek as she pulled away from the hug before she looked away from my face. "You are like a daughter to me you know that I am just so happy you have come to see Trey."

I nodded at her, I watched the tears forming in her perfect blue eyes, "Mrs DeMarco, you know I am always here for your boys." I smiled at her as she held my hands. 

"Thank you, Blair." She beamed at me. "Please don't take anything personally with the lads though."

I knew she was referring to the mark on my face, yet it was so hard not to take it personally. I knew she had suffered her own problems with Mr DeMarco, that was her personal business. The difference between her and me was she loved her husband, they were in a relationship and so obviously she had her own reasons. I had a friendship which at this moment was getting rocky. 

I left her as I headed to the door of Trey's suite, Mr DeMarco nodded at me as I opened the door leaving me to go into the medical room. By the bed sat Romeo, his head in his hands leaning against the bed, the clothes the same as the outfit from yesterday, indicating he had not slept. He looked upon hearing the door open, bags evident under his eyes.

"You've got some nerve," he quipped through gritted teeth. 

I looked to Trey, he was surrounded by wires a breathing tube down his throat, machines hooked up to him. My eyes looked back to Romeo, "I am here to see Trey, I've not come to argue."

"You're right." He told me, "You are not here to argue. See Trey," he stood up and walked towards the door. "Pay your respects, do whatever it is you need to do then head up to my office." With that, he left the room. 

I let out a deep breath before shaking it off. I was here to see Trey. I had no idea it was this bad. My eyes scanned the room for anything which would tell me what was happening right now, but nothing. I sat in the empty chair and took hold of Trey's hand, my fingers laced through his as I just listened to his breathing. 

Trey shouldn't have gone out on his own, he wouldn't usually be so stupid but this time he was. Maybe he had another reason for it, yet I wouldn't know till he came around.