MB. 44.

When I opened my eyes in the morning I was not pleasantly surprised, I was more edging on distraught. My body was in pure pain and I felt like I had been thrown down some stairs. When I say my whole body hurt I meant everywhere. In fact, my insides felt almost like they had been scrambled around.  I was naked in a random bed, I wasn't even sure we were in a house, it looked like a hotel. The bed next to me was empty, thank God. Looking around, my clothes were on the floor, quickly scrambling out of the bed I pulled on my clothes, finding that my dress was ripped at the front, my heel broken on my left boot. I zipped my leather jacket up over the dress, that solved that problem, the boot problem was a bit more difficult, never the less I chucked the boots into the bin before grabbing my bag and checking it had all it's contents. 

On the way to the door, I caught myself in the mirror. I almost let out a shriek when I saw the state of me. I had a massive bruise under my right eye like I had been hit and a busted lip on the same side. On my collarbone there was a large bruise, I was unsure of the origin of this one, but it looked suspiciously like the kind that gets left on your neck. I zipped my jacket up higher and covered half my face with my hair before reaching for the door handle, slowly opening the door and leaving the room. 

As I suspected I was in a hotel, I had no idea of which hotel though, I mean I live down at the coast, it is littered with hotels and holiday parks. I managed to find the stairs and headed all the way to the bottom and walked past the reception area, not bothering to look at the looks I was so obviously getting since I didn't have any shoes on, I mean if you look at my clothes they are barely there too, it was so clear I was doing the walk of shame. 

I didn't exactly know what happened last night though, I couldn't remember much at all. I was in a club with Mac, I kissed a guy, I couldn't even tell you what he looked like, but I know I left the club with him, but I don't remember what happened after that. 

I just needed to get home, I had a busy day out shopping, ready for tomorrow's party and I didn't want to think anymore about last night. Pushing away thoughts of what could have been, my mind a dark and dangerous place, thinking nasty thoughts, I got out near the beach before I found my way home. 

It took me a good twenty minutes to get home, but I didn't care, once I was through my front door I locked it before rushing up the stairs and diving into the shower. I didn't even care that when I stepped into the shower the water was cold for a bit. I scrubbed hard at my body, I needed to get whatever it was on me, off, not that it was something physical, just the scent, the feeling of someone who had been touching me. I scrubbed hard with shower gel, before not feeling clean, moving on to a bleach I had for cleaning, using it on my skin made me feel clean for the time that I was using it. As soon as I stopped scrubbing I felt dirty again, letting the water run over me I could feel the heat on my face, but I knew it wasn't the heat of the water, it was the heat of the tears that had begun to fall from my eyes. I was a mess, I was officially some kind of person who slept around, I mean I understood it was only one person, but it wasn't something I particularly did a lot. 

After an hour of being under the water, I managed to free myself for the confines of my shower before leaving the bathroom and drying myself and pulling some clothes on. A pair of black sweatpants with a long sleeved top and a long sleeved hoody would suffice, I didn't even care how warm it was today, I didn't want anyone to look at me, I tried my best to cover my bruising and busted lip with makeup but ended up covering my right side of my face with my hair and putting a cap on to hold the hair in place. I didn't want to risk the wind blowing my hair up and people seeing my face, it was no one else business. 

Putting my trainers on I grabbed my purse and phone before sticking them in my pockets and leaving the house, locking the door on exiting it. 

As I walked down the road I saw Ben leaving his house and getting into his car. I put my hands in my pockets and put my head down as I walked on, pretending that I was okay, pretending that I didn't see him. Mac had lied to me, I just felt worse after going with someone else, I assumed that was what happened last night, people don't just wake up naked for no reason. 

In town I found a few shops which had nice dresses in, dresses I really thought about buying but ended up settling with one I could easily team with tights, it was a dress that was mid-thigh length, black with a high scoop neck neckline but the dress straps turned into wings that went over the back. It was a beautiful dress that I had never seen before, I hadn't seen people wearing anything like it before. I bought a pair of black tights to go with it, before deciding I had a pair of shoes or boots that I could wear with it at home. Paying for the dress and tights I left the shop and walked through the town, looking through windows and seeing all the lovely items that were for sale. 

As I looked through one of the windows my eyes spied a beautiful glasses set, I walked into the shop and I was greeted by a sales assistant, I decided I was going to buy the glasses, not for me, a gift to Leia, I didn't know if she would like them but I thought they were cute, different, and I needed a gift for her birthday. The sales assistant took the glasses set to the till for me and I paid for it before I smiled to myself. I was happy that I had found something to buy Leia, not that I had thought about it until I saw them. As I turned to leave the shop I was surprised to see Mrs DeMarco in the shop doorway, my eyes widened as we looked at each other. 

I stepped closer to her, after all, she was standing where the exit was. "What are you doing here?" I asked her quietly as I looked out the window. 

"Oh I'm just doing a bit of shopping," she told me with a smirk, the trademark look that Romeo carried. Outside the shop was a Range Rover, a man waiting by the back door, she never travelled alone, I knew that. 

"I don't want any trouble," I told her as I clutched the bag and box I held tighter to me. 

She tilted her head for a second before she shrugged her shoulders and walked around the shop, looking at the trinkets in the shop. I watched her for a second before bowing my head down and leaving the shop, my eyes never looking at the man standing by her car, I just continued down the road, I needed to get home and get this all away, I needed to relax and stop thinking all the worst thoughts in the world. 

I didn't want to die, not right now. 

My second chance had been foiled by a woman who was intent on getting revenge for her son's death. I could never live peacefully as long as she taunted me. 

Lying in bed after showering my mind sprung to other places. In order not to think about my evening last night I thought about the times I spent with Ben. About how happy he made me feel, as I laid there I felt a smile creep across my face. My stomach had a warm fuzzy feeling as I thought of Ben, I climbed out of the bed, pulling my dressing gown around me, before heading to the window and glancing out. 

I looked down the road and towards Ben's house, his car still hadn't returned, since he left earlier. My heart sunk a little as I thought of him out with others, out with other women and I'm not going to lie it did make me feel a little sick. Even after all this time I still couldn't get over him. 

As I looked down the road, just watching the world go by his car drove past and into his driveway. I looked over just out of curiosity as he got out of his car, I swear for a second he looked at me as he stood by his car. I looked away, not wanting to stare, not wanting him to think I was just looking out for him. Not that it would have been a lie. 

I moved away from the window, closing the curtains properly and heading back to my bed. I laid back on the bed, my mind full of happier times, the only place I was actually happy was in my head. And whilst I was happy there in my head, I wanted to just enjoy my time I spent in there.