Interview with SydClair: The Writer of Fairy Dust Rust and Wattpad Ambassador

At last, Wattpad’s Corner managed to get an interview with SydClair, a well known writer and one of the ambassadors in Wattpad. :)

***

Let’s start with the common questions first.

Who is your favorite author?

Oh man, this one changes probably weekly. Right now, I’m really into both Jodi Picoult and Charlaine Harris; though  . . . definitely recommend anything by either of them.

What is your favorite book?

If I’m basing this on what book I find myself loving enough to read over and over again, I would say it’s Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers. I’m always spellbound every time I read that book.

What is the first book you have ever read?

I think it was called “See Spot Run”. Very riveting, haha.

Which do you like the most: reading or writing?

I'd come down slightly on the side of reading. As much as I do love to write, there is something so much simpler about curling up with a book that is already written and just getting pulled into that world for a while. I actually find that if I stop reading, I stop having as much inspiration to write, so reading is definitely a huge part of it.

***

Wattpad related questions:

When did you start writing?

I've always written little secret stories and stuff on my computer.  To this day I'm still really secretive about my writing, and all my stories are password protected on my computer under random file names like "Receipts" or "Grocery List" so no one at home stumbles upon them accidentally.  The first time I actually put my writing out there was when I found Wattpad and started writing and posting Just Jason

How did you find Wattpad?

I actually came across Wattpad by accident. I had started reading Pride and Prejudice, and did a search on my phone's app store for somewhere I could read the rest of it on my phone, and the first one that came up was Wattpad. And the rest is just wonderful history. :)

What's your favourite Wattpad story?

There are SO many good stories that I've come across on this site. I'm constantly so into one story or another. Some of the ones that I'm reading now are:  (WC: She actually forgot to fill this one in. Lol. xD)

Who's your favourite Wattpad writer and why?

I think my favorite is JollynPalliata. She wrote a story called Amber Eyes that was just so incredible; I absolutely can't wait for the sequel. 

What genre you liked the most and why?

I'm a sucker for anything romance. I'll read pretty much any genre as long as there's some kind of romance sub plot happening in there somewhere.

***

About you:

You wrote Self Portrait (poetry), Midnight in the Garden, Fairy Dust, Always Have to Stop Myself, Just Jason, Vivid and your latest one; Lies You told Me. Which of these books is your first written book?

Just Jason was my first story. 

Out of all of your stories, which one did you enjoy writing the most?