Interview with Dewdette: The Writer of Escape this World

She's the author of a novel who has been as far as the second page of What's Hot list on Wattpad. She became successful practically overnight and is known for her random, funny, unpredictable plot, ideas and characters. She is the only author with a story (of I have ever read) with a chicken as a main character. But don't let this fool you into thinking it is nonsense. Escape This World is filled with humour, romance, adventure, suspense and even sometimes horror...oh those evil grandmas and their equally evil pies.

A girl, trapped in a basement for ten years finally escapes, and goes north, searching for her family with her pet chicken. On the way she meets Jessy, who decides to nickname her as Dudette (since she couldn't remember her own name) and her chicken; Chewie. As they travel together, they grow closer and meet new people and come across even more obstacles. In the search for her parents; will she ever find them?

Wattpadders and other non-worldly creatures, I have the pleasure to present you: Nicole, or better known as Dewdette on wattpad.

Me: Okay...first question. So we know your name is Nicole but how old are you?

Nicole: I'm 12 :3

Me: When did you first start writing?

Nicole: Last year, when things started to get rough.

Me: Would you like to tell us a little about...this rough time? You don't have to tell us the whole story...just something brief if you prefer.

Nicole: Well I didn't talk much in school, I spent recess on a bench and there were some family problems.

Me: Oh okay. To change things onto a brighter note, how did you find wattpad?

Nicole: Well, by a website called ratemydrawings.com, where a person was looking a drawn cover for her story.

Me: Who is your favourite author, whether from wattpad or in real life?

Nicole: Let's say Cheesehead, the author of "Why Did You Do It?"

Me: Okay...so next question. Where did you get the idea for your two stories: Sorry and Escape This World.

Nicole: Well, Sorry is when I was depressed and I love Silent Hill. Escape This World came from my mind when I was walking in the park thinking about a chicken, and my best friend told me I was funny, plus I love adventures. And Jessy is for me, the perfect guy.

Me: When you saw all the response you have got for Escape This World, how did you react?

Nicole: Well, it actually went popular more daily, so I didn't notice.

Me: Lol! Okay, so are any of your characters based on real people?

Nicole: Actually, I think real people are based on my characters ^u^

Me: hahahah, I think your friend was right, you are pretty funny. Though I have read your story (for obvious reasons *deadpanned duh look*) and I've had a first seat show to this humour.

So do you have any hints on new chapters...or stories that may be coming up; for your fans?

Nicole: Hmm, I love my fans and how they always to give me ideas. Though let's just say you'll never know when this story will end.

Me: hahah, okay. So who's your favourite character out of your two (technically three) stories?

Nicole: Chewie and for Sorry, I'm not sure.

Me: Oh reliable Chewie...the attention stealer. hahah. So who is your inspiration?

Nicole: Oh for Escape This World? Well nothing, it's basically a mind creation.

Me: Okay, though do you have anyone that inspires you in real life?

Nicole: Not really ^u^

Me: Okay, so when you are writing, what helps you stay concentrated?

Nicole: Lol, when am I ever concentrated? xD But of course, I love to listen to a song that can add on the mood.

Me: LOL, haha. So in the future, are you looking to get Escape This World published?

Nicole: Yeah, I plan to finish in November for the Watty Awards and then try to get my awesome editor to go over everything again.

Me: Hahaha, who's your editor? *looks around slyly* Just kidding! I already know ;D Duh.

Nicole: Some chick...lol jk xD

Me: You give your work out to a random person to edit? Isn't that a little dangerous? LOL....Anyways, do you have anything to say to fans of yours that may be reading this?

Nicole: Thanks for EVERYTHING, and I bet you just think I'm saying it because every Disney channel person says this, but EACH and EVERY single one of you helped, a lot. And I read each comment.

Me: *Nudges Nicole....So does the editor ;D* haha. Anyways, so when you aren't on wattpad, what can you be found doing?

Nicole: Playing guitar, talking to my crush, talking to my editor xD, bothering anyone, eating a pineapple, watching MTV, drwaing, Facebook-ing, going to the mall.

Me: You really want me to put "talking to my crush"?

Nicole: Yah, sure. It's not like he is wattpadding xD

Me: Haha, okay. Last question.... If you were paid one million dollars would you eat seven armadillos?

Nicole: NO way D: ARMADILLOS ARE SO KIUUT!!! AND CHEWIE IS TIGHT WITH THEM CRITTERS!

Me: hahaha, I'll keep that in mind :D Thanks for being a part of this interview.

Nicole: Thank YOU. LOL! >U< I'M EXTRA CHEESY Lemon squeezy.

This interview was conducted by Amber (congbaide on wattpad)