Interview with JordanPark: The Writer of I Love My Bipolar B*tch of a Boyfriend

Name and age?

Jordan Park, 15

When did you start writing?

February 

How did you find Wattpad?

 A friend told me to make an account and fan her. I was bored one day, so I decided to post some writing on it.

Who is your favourite author?

 Suzanne Collins, Michael Carroll, and Rick Riordan.

What is your favourite book?

 I have two favorites and they're both from the same author.

The first one is Mockingjay, the final book in the Hunger Games Trilogy. I cried for the entire last chapter. The loss and emotion in the entire book altogether just got to me.

The second one is book five of the Gregor the Overlander series. The emotions that sparked inside of me after reading it were what convinced me that writing is what I should be doing. I decided then that I wanted to spark these emotions in people through writing.

What is the first book you have ever read?

The A to Z mystery series when I was a little kid.

Where do you get ideas for your stories?

 Most often I take an element or emotion I get from a song and shape it into a visual Most of the time it's of a couple falling in love or something darker--it all depends on the song. Oddly enough, I Love My Bipolar Bitch of a Boyfriend was written to Lady Gaga's song Born This Way. If you think about it, the song has a great deal with the story line. Like how Logan needs to accept his feelings for Brian and accept himself.

Other times, it's a simple sentence in a book and my creativity just explodes. My story Brand New Eyes was completely inspired by a sentence in PassionInFlame's book, Insomniac.

Sometimes the feelings of books I've fallen in love with transfer into an idea. I just finished reading a book called Super Human by Michael Carroll and it inspired me to write my upcoming release, Project 13.

Inspiration can from anywhere as long as you're looking.

If you ever experienced writer's block, how do you get over it?

 Tons of Coke, a good book, my iPod, air conditioning, and a dark room. All of those things are the perfect items I need to write. I rarely ever get writer's block, but when I do, It's because one of the above items is missing. If none of them help, I move on to a new story. Weird, I know. But I combat writers block by writing random thoughts I have into stories.

Do you like reading or writing?

 I read like a madman. I can finish a good sized book within a few days. I write all the time. So, yes to both.

What's your favourite Wattpad story?

 My Best Friend's Brother is Straight... Right??? by FluffyBunny

Who's your favourite Wattpad writer and why?

 FluffyBunny! Because she's an all around awesome person and her stories hit me like no others.

Out of all of your stories(if applicable) which one did you enjoy writing the most?

 The newest story is always the one I enjoy writing the most

Any hints on your upcoming work?

Jorda I currently have two upcoming stories scheduled for release. One still need to be finished, proof read, and tested by some readers. The other is done and ready. I have three ideas right now, but I don't know which one to turn into a story.

I'll be giving more info about the new stories in tonight's chapter of I Love My Bipolar Bitch of a Boyfriend.

Any tips for those who want to follow in your footsteps?

Sure:

1): Be consistent in your writing. Readers like it when you update regularly and they don't have to wait long for new chapters.

2): Push for readers--or fight for them. Ask your fans to spread the word. Most of them would be more than happy to get you a few readers.

3): Have an original idea with a catchy title. Catchy titles hook the reader, the idea reels them in.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Do you have anything you would like to say to your fans or anyone reading this?

Hi!

I don't know. I talk to them enough :3

Are any of your characters based on real people?

Most of my characters are based on aspects of myself, but yes. Some are. Not saying which ones because some of them use Wattpad.

Who's your favourite character out of your stories?

Natalia from my new book Brand New Eyes. You'll see why.

What do you eat when you type(if you eat while typing)?

If anything, beef jerky. Usually, I just drink Coke.

Who's your inspiration?

Lady Gaga and all my favorite authors.

In the future, will you be looking into maybe getting your work published? If so, which story will it be and why that story in particular?

Yes, I do want to get published. But surprisingly, not for my boyxboys. I want to become a professional action and romance novelist, maybe write a few gay romances in there somewhere, but those don't usually sell. I mainly want to be a young adult author, as most of the young read books and all that.

What genre do you like to read/write? Why do you like it?

Romance and Action/Adventure stories. On here, I only read boyxboys. In real life, I love reading stories about action, superpowers, and magical powers. They're just entertaining for me.

if there were a zombie apocalypse, would you save a hippo or a giraffe?

Neither, I’d save my computer.