Interview with SoWrongItsDani

Name & Age

My name is Danielle but I prefer Dani, and I’m 14.

When did you start writing?

I’ve been writing since I was young.

I’ve always loved it.

I started writing properly when an organisation offered to publish some of my poetry.

How did you find Wattpad?

I was looking for sites where I could share my work, and it just came up really... :)

Who is your favourite author?

In real life, I like Anthony Horowitz.

He’s amazingly talented, and I’d love to be able to write like him... or P.C. and Kristin Cast who wrote the House of Night novels.

What is your favourite book?

Oh... this is a hard one. ¬_¬

I am a huge fan of the House of Night novels, as I said earlier, but also the Alex Rider series. <3

What is the first book you have ever read?

I can’t remember... :S

Probably a book in my first year at school... the simple ones that determine your reading ability as a child.

Where do you get ideas for your stories?

Sometimes I get inspiration from all sorts of places.

Sometimes song lyrics, poetry – even other stories give me a whole new idea.

Even observing other people helps.

If you ever experienced writer's block, how do you get over it?

Oh. Yeah, I get that all the time.

Usually I take a break, maybe get some food, or go for a short walk to clear my head.

It helps most of the time... but if not - just try listening to some music or reading some other stories for a bit. Relax, don't overwork yourself. x

Do you like reading or writing?

I prefer to write – but I also love reading.

I do read as often as I can, but writing is more of my passion.

I couldn’t live without it.

 What's your favourite Wattpad story?

At the moment, it’s “I Tempted Him With A Kiss” by xxWhoAteMyCookiexx

Who's your favourite Wattpad writer and why?

It’s a clean tie between bec_starlight and xxWhoAteMyCookiexx

They both have totally different writing styles, but they’re so intriguing and talented. I love the way they write.

Out of all of your stories (if applicable) which one did you enjoy writing the most? 

I’m enjoying writing Let’s Fabricate at the moment, although it is a fanfiction.

I get a lot of comments and messages about how I’ve changed their perspective of the band I’m writing about. 

Any hints on your upcoming work?

I’m currently writing a book called “Onyx” part of a series that I’m going to title “Blood Lust”. 

It’s a vampire novel, and a new writing style for me, but I’m trying to make it unique and avoid following the whole typical-vampire-story stereotype. 

I’ll probably type it up and upload it soon – so watch this space! ;)

Any tips for those who want to follow in your footsteps? 

Yeah.

It’ll probably sound cheesy, but never give up. :D 

Do you have anything you would like to say to your fans or anyone reading this? 

I’d like to thank all of my fans for being there – and showing their support.

I really do appreciate it, and try to contact everyone and thank them for their reviews. 

They're really helpful. 

To anyone out there reading this, come and check out my work. 

Send me your opinion on it. 

I’d love to hear what you think about it. :D

Are any of your characters based on real people?

Kind of... I take little details from people I know. 

I combine all of these to create my basic character – and then build the rest around the basics. 

Who's your favourite character out of your stories? 

I really love ‘Kenji’ from my “Blood Lust” series. 

As I said, I will upload that soon. Promise.

What do you eat when you type (if you eat while typing)? 

Mostly tortilla chips to be honest :) 

Not very healthy... but you have to have a guilty pleasure now and again. 

Who's your inspiration?

My friends, my fellow Wattpadders, and anyone who fights for what they want inspires me.  

In the future, will you be looking into maybe getting your work published? If so, which story will it be and why that story in particular?

I’m already quite proud of “Blood Lust” so I’m hoping to get the first book finished soon and begin working on a sequel. 

I’m planning to turn it into a series, so I’d love to have those published in the future.

Why?

Well, because I’d like to show everyone there can be twists on the vampire genre – and not all books are the same. 

I’d also love to publish a bit more poetry. 

I love writing poetry! :) 

Thanks for the interview! x 

This interview has been conducted by Holley<33