Interview with TheFlamingPopsicle: The Writer of Better Than Revenge

This time Wattpad’s Corner managed to get an interview with TheFlamingPopsicle, a well known crazy writer in Wattpad. :)

Who is your favorite author?

I would have to say either Meg Cabot or Richelle Mead. I just absolutely adore Meg Cabot’s writing style. My dream is to become the next Meg Cabot. Her books are hilarious, adorable and witty. I hope my writing will become as good as hers in the future! And Richelle Mead wrote the best series I have ever read, in my opinion, so she has to be in my list of favorite authors, of course. I’m so obsessed with the Vampire Academy series, it’s not even funny.

What is your favorite book?

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead. No other book has ever gotten such a strong emotional reaction out of me. At one point, I completely freaked out while reading it. The bad part was that I was in math class and my entire class witnessed it . . .

What is the first book you have ever read?

The first book I ever read had something to do with busy a bumblebee . . . that was in kindergarten, or maybe preschool. The first real book I read was the first book in the Series of Unfortunate events.

Which do you like the most: reading or writing?

They both have their perks, but nothing compares to writing. When you’re writing, you have the power to decide what happens in your book. I like being in control, so this is a great thing for me.

***

Wattpad related questions:

How did you find Wattpad?

It was really random, I think. I was reading some story on Quizilla and I saw that the author had posted a link to her Wattpad account in one of the chapters. I just remember thinking, “What the heck is a Wattpad?” I clicked on it out of curiosity, glanced around and immediately fell in love.

What's your favourite Wattpad story?

Dinner With A Vampire. Did I Mention I’m Vegetarian?’ by Canse12, hands down. It’s amazing!

***

Questions from Dania De La Hoya:

When did you start writing?

I think I was about twelve . . . Needless to say; my writing was terrible when I first started . . .

What inspires you to write a story?

Anything and everything. Television, movies, music, my life, my friends, and even random hot guys that I see at the mall. I’m just insane like that.

What’s the weirdest thing that's ever happened to you?

Considering my personality, I’m sure there are plenty of weird things that have happened to me . . . but I can only remember one right now. I was hanging out with my friend Peyton and we were walking to her boyfriend’s house, just goofing off. We got to a corner and we thought it would be funny to pretend to be hookers. We stood there screaming, “One dollar, only one dollar!” We thought it was pretty funny until this old guy stopped and looked like he was seriously going to take us up on our offer. We quickly stopped and ran away and he just . . . disappeared. It was so weird.

How are you so awesome? 

I guess I was just born that way . . . BABY I WAS BORN THIS WAY! (I don’t even like that song . . . not sure why I just sang it . . .)