Interview with Storyspinner: The Writer of This Cinderella is a Player

Name:

Tasha (Well, that is not my real name but I prefer to use this name for Wattpad)

Age:

22

Where are you from:

 India

Favorites: Music, painting, hot chocolate fudge, reading, writing, travelling and cute animals.

It seems that you preferred Dark stories. What kind of dark stories will it be—the gothic type or the Hunger Game kind of type?

Yes, I love to read dark stories because there is so much mysticism surrounding them. I haven’t read ‘Hunger games’. I like to read dark stories with a hint of romance. There is so much tragedy and gloominess in the world, so, I usually prefer to read stories with a happy ending. I also enjoy reading stories which have a lot usage of humour.

Most of your works in your profile are paranormal. Ever thought of writing a dark historical fiction story?

Why go back into the past when the present is so much more interesting? I love writing about the paranormal as you might have noticed.

Do you plan out first before you write—rough outline?

I think about the basic plot of my story and then start writing it. I am more of a ‘go with the flow’ kind of writer.

You have many books, but the most famous one is This Cinderella is a Player, so can you tell us about it? (just to give a glimpse to other people that haven’t read it)

”This Cinderella is a Player” as you all already know is a twist on the fairytale “Cinderella”. All of us have grown up reading Cinderella. There have been many versions of Cinderella with various twists. I wanted to give this story a unique twist and make it different from all the other versions. I realized that in all the versions Cinderella was shown as a ‘Damsel in distress’…so what would happen if I made my Cinderella a player? That’s how this story originated. So, basically this Cinderella (Tiana) leads a dual life. She is a helpless hardworking girl at home bossed around by step mother and at school she is completely different; it is possible for her to wrap any boy around her finger. Her Godmother is no goody two shoes fairy instead she is a prank loving mischievous tomboy called Chastity Lane. Tiana’s prince (Blaze) is actually the prince of jerks. A smooth talking heartbreaker who loves to play with girls.

This Cinderella is a Player is your most popular and well-known story among fans, what inspired you to write the story?

I have always loved Cinderella, so naturally I wanted to make my own version of this lovely fairytale.

Ever thought of writing a werewolf’s story? if no, why?

I have never thought of writing a werewolf’s story because frankly speaking there are already too many werewolf stories and I would like to write about something different. As for vampires…I have always been fascinated by them way before twilight happened. My idea of vampires are tough badass guys someone more along the lines of “Lestat”. Yes, I have always liked Anne Rice’s books as they are truly amazing.

Where did you get the idea of this book? (your inspiration)

All the ideas for my books are a mixture of fantasy and reality. At times I add real life incidents in my stories. My character’s at times, are also inspired by the people I meet.

 Do you have any interest aside from writing?

Well, I am actually an Artist.

 What do you when you're not on Wattpad?

 I paint, draw and hang around with friends.

How did you find Wattpad?

I actually came across Wattpad through I tunes. I was looking for nice apps to download for my I phone and bam I found Wattpad.

 Any messages that you want to tell to your fans?

: I love you all! Thanks for supporting me. Without you all my stories wouldn’t have got popular. And also thanks for telling me to continue a story even when I wasn’t sure of uploading more. There wouldn’t be any “This Cinderella is a Player” if you hadn’t encouraged to write more of it. If I could I would organize a party and invite all of you to have fun