Interview with JackFinch

Interview questions

Name: Jack

Age: 15

Nick name: I get called Jackles a lot. Go figure…

What is your pen name and why did you choose it?

I dunno, really. Pineapple2141 was talking about her pen name one day (basically, her first name and a little fantasy name tacked on as a surname) and I guess I just wanted to join in on the whole concept. So Jack [insert real name here] became Jack Finch. ;P

Do you have an editor to help you with writing?

No, ’cause that would be ironic – I’m an editor myself, you see.

Do you eat when you type your stories?  

Only if I’m eating as I sit down to do so – usually, it’ll be banana cake, or an instant hazelnut latte and bikkies.

What is your inspiration in writing?

Show-tunes, actually – because they’re written to tell their own stories. I get inspired, and thus try to match the fantastic level of storytelling that’s going on in my ears.

Do you have a specific experience that you have written in your story that actually happened in real life?

Well, I guess the whole meeting between Gabriel and Hugh in my story, The Other Side, would count – I did actually meet the guy Hugh’s based on (not in the same circumstances, though, nor with the same aftermath – read my story, and you’ll get the joke…).

How did you find Wattpad?

I was looking for a website of this exact description, pitched it to the Yahoo! Answers community, and here I am now, one year and eleven days later.

What is your best asset?

I hear that my humorous wit would be the best answer. ;P

What comes in to your mind when you start a story?

Oh, crap. I hate starting chapters. This is gonna suuuuuuuuuuck…

How do you find the strength to finish a story especially when you experience a writer’s block?

I listen to more show-tunes, usually Legally Blonde, Rocky Horror or Next to Normal. Sometimes, even, Hairspray.

What books are you reading?

I delete any works I’ve finished from my Reading List, so anything you currently see on it is what I’m currently reading.

Who is your favorite writer in Wattpad and why?

Good question. Mind if I make a list – Elatimer, xxWhoAteMyCookiexx, Pineapple2141, AgathaChristieLover, bairdD (mah brudda from anudda mudda… and father… yeah… we’re not related at all), rimmie588, PhlucyLouise (mah homegurl!) and thebiscuitmonster.

Who is your favorite writer outside wattpad?

Agatha Christie – I love me a good murder mystery, and who’s better than the master… wait… uh… mistress? I dunno. Point is, AGATHA CHRISTIE!

What story from wattpad do you like the most?

I’m not gay, but I’ve found that some of the best stories on Wattpad are Boyxboy, so such stories as High School Scandal and His New Toy (which, by the way, I’m currently editing) are some of my favourites.