Interview with Firecat057: The Writer of The Horse in the Prince's Stables

Name: Danielle F.

Age: 18

Nick name: Frenchy

1.     What is your pen name and why did you choose it?

-  Firecat was an flaming cat that I designed when I was in my freshman year for my art class. Ever since then, I've used him as a username :)

2.     Do you have an editor to help you with writing? No.

3.     Do you eat when you type your stories? 

Yea, sometimes I nibble on fruit snacks or crackers, or something like that. I never eat an actual meal and write at the same time, since typing requires two hands. While I do have skill in typing fairly quickly with one hand, I prefer using both.

4.     What is your inspiration in writing?

 Inspiration comes and goes. There isn't really one thing that keeps me writing. I can find it anywhere.

4.     Do you have a specific experience that you have written in your story that actually happened in real life?

 I used to be a hamster for 23 hours of each and every day... Haha, no I don't. I write fantasy, and nothing I've written so far has actually happened to me.

5.     How did you find wattpad? 

I was looking for an app for my ipod that would allow me to read the book Dracula for free. Wattpad popped up, and somebody posted the entire Dracula novel, and so I downloaded the app. I didn't actually know Wattpad was a site for writers though until about a month later.

6.     What is your best asset? 

I'd say my ability to "go with the flow." I'm a pretty easy going type of person :)

7.     What comes in to your mind when you start a story? 

The ending of the story. I can only write a story if I can envision an ending that I like. Also, a good title. I refuse to write a story unless I can come up with a catchy title.

8.     How do you find the strength to finish a story especially when you experience a writer’s block?

 I try to wait it out for a few days, and using my writing time to read books published by my favorite author, watch movies with amazing characters and good plot lines, draw, write other stories... I just search for the right inspiration to continue.

9.     What books are you reading? 

'Enjoying the Chase', 'Nothing Left to Lose' which are both by kirsty1000. 'A Pirates Kiss' by iluvdaisychain. And besides Wattpad I'm in the middle of 'The Way of Shadows' written by Brent Weeks.

10.Who is your favorite writer in wattpad and why? 

I guess I would have to say kirsty1000. I just really love her stories. Plain and simple.

11.Who is your favorite writer outside wattpad? 

Too many to count. But I'll list a few. Jonathan Stroud. James Patterson. Cassandra Clare. Markus Zusak. Suzanne Collins. The list goes on...

12.What story from wattpad do you like the most? 

I think 'Enjoying the Chase' by kirsty1000 because she developed her characters and plot line so well! I never really would have thought it was my type of genre, but I think it is absolutely brilliant and a wonderful read.