Interview with EmilyKent: The Writer of Gone Too Far

Interview questions

Name: Emily

Age: 16  (17 on February 3rd!!! )

Nick name:  I don’t really have a nickname….

1.     What is your pen name and why did you choose it?

My pen name is EmilyKent because I wanted something that would be easy to remember and everything else was taken.

2.     Do you have an editor to help you with writing?

I don’t have an editor although I probably should.  I make mistakes all of the time or sometimes after I write something I realize it makes absolutely no sense.

3.     Do you eat when you type your stories?

It depends on what kind of mood I’m in.  If I’m just writing to get ideas on where to take a story I sometimes eat but if I’m serious writing, the kind I do when ever I do most of my writing I never eat.

4.     What is your inspiration in writing?

Ok, so this is going to sound crazy but most of my stories are based off of dreams I have had and when I say most I mean all.

5.     Do you have a specific experience that you have written in your story that actually happened in real life?

I haven’t really written a real life experience into my stories but that’s probably a good thing because my stories involve kidnapping, time travel and getting hit with bumper cars…..although the time travel one might be kind of cool.

6.     How did you find wattpad?

I found Wattpad from StumbleUpon during the summer once.  I was super bored and then after I found it I spend hours reading stories.  I’m really glad I found it I can’t imagine not having Wattpad.

7.     What is your best asset?

I think my best asset is that I don’t take myself too seriously.  I mean sometimes I write things and come back later to add to it and I’m like ‘Why did I write this?  What is this even? It doesn’t make any sense.’  I think that if you take yourself too seriously then you miss out on a lot of things in life.

8.     What comes in to your mind when you start a story?

The first thing that usually comes to mind is ‘would I want to read this.’  I try to imagine if I had read the cover of the book in a library or something and if I wouldn’t want to read it then I just don’t write it because if I won’t like it then it won’t be written well and it won’t be interesting.

9.     How do you find the strength to finish a story especially when you experience a writer’s block?

Usually when I’m experiencing writer’s block (and this is really bad) I pretend that I don’t have any stories on Wattpad.  I forget about them for like a week or two just so I can clear my head and come back with a fresh start.

10. What books are you reading?

I’m currently reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, it’s a really weird book but it just makes you want to know how it ends that much more.  I’m also trying to reread The Great Gatsby and I just finished reading Sleepless by Cyn Balog.