Interview with MissSunShine: The Writer of My Poetry

Name & Age

Mary, 16

When did you start writing?

I first started writing when I was a little girl. I'm not sure how old I was.

How did you find Wattpad?

I found wattpad through a friend of mine.

Who is your favourite author?

My favorite author at the moment is Wishingal

What is your favourite book?

My favorite book is 'The Accidental Groom' by Wishingal

What is the first book you have ever read?

On here? Um 'Why did you do it?' by cheesehead. Outside of wattpad? Ha, um Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Where do you get ideas for your stories?

I usually get my story ides by watching a t.v show, or looking at something in nature. Also, sometimes, I get my ideas from reading other books.

 If you ever experienced writer's block, how do you get over it?

Yes, I have experience writer's block before and it sucks! I get over it by either walking away from whatever it is I was working on or I try to push myself into writing some more. I know, not good.

 Do you like reading or writing?

Yes, I just LOVE to read. L-O-V-E to read! I can finish a book within two days if its really good though. Are you kidding me? Ha! I love to write. When I'm not reading, I'm writing. When I'm not writing, I'm reading. Or I'm doing both!(:

 What's your favourite Wattpad story?

My fav wattpad story would be, 'Resisting Temptation' by JesseLeigh.

 Who's your favourite Wattpad writer and why?

Haven't we been through this already? haha. Another favorite wattpad writer is FreeFalling22. She's my favorite because she wrote 'Awakening to Life' and the moment I read that, I realized that there was more to life then just the petty things that we all thing are wrong. 

 Out of all of your stories(if applicable) which one did you enjoy writing the most?

At the moment? The one that I enjoyed writing the most is 'The Life Of A High School Vampire' Only because I pulled it outta my butt(;

 Any hints on your upcoming work?

Yes actually. I'm working on a historical novel set during the Civil War. I'm also working on a royalty story to take place in Russia.

 Any tips for those who want to follow in your footsteps?

Tips? Hmm, I guess I'd want to say if you want to follow in my footsteps. Just work hard at what you want to do. When you get an idea in your head, write it down quickly before you forget it. When you want to write, go some place quiet. Listen to music to get your creative juices flowing and most importantly, have fun with what your write. If you're not having fun, then your story will reflect that.

 Do you have anything you would like to say to your fans or anyone reading this?

To my fans and anyone that does read this, check out my stories and my facebook page that I give spoilers out some times and that's were I give updates when I can't get on wattpad or don't think to. I'd also like to say that writing will always be around you, and so will be reading. Its what makes my life outside of school. It's important to me. Having something important in your life is always good to have.

 Are any of your characters based on real people?

Hmm, yes and no. I try to keep my characters, fake people. But yeah, sometimes my characters can be based off of real people that I know. In fact (SPOILER!!) in a upcoming story, the character's personalities will be based on some of my close friends and family members.

 Who's your favourite character out of your stories?

Mmm, my favorite character outta my stories on wattpad would be Jessi from 'The Senator's Pregnant Daughter'. My favorite character in my Russia story, is the servant girl, Yelena. 

What do you eat when you type(if you eat while typing)?

 Ha, what don't I eat when I'm typing?! Um I eat whatever's for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or I just grab something to snack on. My snacks are usually, popcorn, toast or crackers.

Who's your inspiration?

My inspiration? Oh my gosh. Its really everyone that's stuck behind me with my writing. My mom, my grandmother, my god-mom, my aunts', oh and of course my friends! Just everyone really who's read what I write and gave me wonderful feed back on what I'd showed them.

 In the future, will you be looking into maybe getting your work published? If so, which story will it be and why that story in particular?

 Yes, at some point in the future, I'd like to get my work published. I'm not sure which story I want to get published yet.

Finally, what is your message to all the people that have read and supported your stories?

My message to everyone who's supported and read my stories, is thank you! Thank you sooo much! I'm glad that I can share my stories with people who enjoy reading what I write and what others write. The fans are what make author's want to write more!

This interview was conducted by Charis Leones (ayatcharis on wattpad)