72 - Special

This is going to be based off how I'm feeling right now.

I don't know what it feels like to be treated like a princess. I don't know what it feels like to be wanted. I don't know what love truly feels like. But you, you make me feel wanted. You make me feel like a queen. You make me feel loved. Even though this is how you treat everyone, I've never been treated like this from a man. Let alone someone my age. I've always grown up getting used to being treated like garbage by boys. I've always grown up getting used to the saying

"When boys are mean to you, that means they like you."

I got used to being told I'm not good enough or I'm not pretty. I grew up with that for fourteen years.

I met you. New school, new me right? Nobody knows me. I'm the new girl. The day was going well. Was raining and cold. Of course it's January. It's going to be cold. I look like a nervous wreck with coffee stains on my pants from the morning panic and my books clutched to my chest. Nobody really talked to me. I went along my day, talking to different people. Some remembered me from Kindergarten when I attended the school. Along came recess. Since it was raining, we were in the gym. I was talking to my new group of friends, they were telling me about the people at the school and who to watch myself with. You showed up and shook my hand and introduced yourself. I'm not going to used his name so let's call him G.

"Hey! I'm G!"

I shake his hand and smile. You commented that you remember me from Kindergarten and then it clicked. I knew this boy. He was an amazing friend in Kindergarten. We hug and exchange laughs and smiles. You tell me about your little game you made with one of your seventh grade friends and I smiled and though "Wow, he is really something."

Now, let's skip ahead a few weeks. You've talked to me here and there. You're in none of my classes except Choir, and we pass in the hallway but only exchange smiles. No talking. I've come to notice little things about you. Like when you greet someone, you shake there hand. You treat people with the respect they deserve. You're willing to help people no matter what. Now, I wasn't in the best mood since I don't have the best grade in Math. Well, at this point, it was an F. I went along my day, panicking about how I have to stay after school to help get my math grade up. The time eventually rolled around and surprise! My tutor didn't show up! Great. But, as soon as I was ready to pack my stuff and leave, G puts his stuff in front of me and sits down. I look up and smile, saying a quick hello. He smiles and pulls his computer out. We sit there for a few before he breaks the silence.

"So, Bryleigh, tell me about yourself."

I talk about photography and my different interests, learning that he likes everything I like to. Soon, we get distracted and he misses his choir practice. I apologize, saying that I kept him by talking with him but he insisted that it was his fault. I went home that day feeling awesome.

Skip along to the semi formal. The first dance I've been too since the new school. Got my dress and was feeling very confident with myself. At this point I knew I liked you. Not a lot, but it was still there. The dance was amazing. I danced with my girlfriends and everything. But, the first slow song kicked in and I was thinking "Oh great! I'll just dance with one of my friends." As soon as I was about to ask someone, you grab my hand and asked if we could dance. I simply nod and you smile. I put my arms around your neck and you place yours on my waist. Now, I'd like to note that I've only slow danced once and that was with someone who I don't care to mention. It was going great till this girl showed up and said

"Six inches apart!"

And walked off. G rolled his eyes and scooted closer. I could actually wrap my arms around his neck. We danced and he seemed to have a hint of worry on his face. I asked him what was wrong and he commented that I was shaking. I made up the excuse that I was cold but he want buying it. I told him that I was super nervous to dance with him, considering that I liked him. He smiled and told me there was nothing to worry about and that I could just be myself around him. I smiled and made the comment that I couldn't possibly calm down. So, he smiled and I felt his thumbs start rubbing my back, attempting to calm me down. I didn't tell him I like him yet so I was completely losing my mind. He smiled and looked down and laughed at the fact I was wearing my converse. They're comfortable! After the song, he hugs me and says his goodbyes. We see each other throughout the night.