45 - All These Masks

This is back in time. When a queen ruled. This will be first person. Tell me if I should go back to 3rd or not.

"Miss, I need your name."

"(Y/N) (L/N)."

The guard looks on his clip board.

"You may go through. Have a good time."

I nod and put on your mask. I've been invited to a mascaraed party by the queen. I don't exactly know what to expect but I have one thing on mind. Find the man whom holds my heart. I open the door to the garden outside the castle and walk in to see people all around is in fancy clothing and dates. I've picked my best dress, which is a deep blue, longer dress.

"You're quite hot M'lady."

I look to see a drunken man attempting to hit on me.

"Thank you. Now, excuse me."

I take a step past him only to be pulled closer to him.

"You're not going anywhere ye whore."

I roll my eyes and shove the man away. Not my first time this has happened. Ah, the curse of beauty.

"Get yourself a woman."

I kick a stone at the man and walk up the stairs. I walk into the castle ans the smell of alcohol and all the greatest foods fill my nose. Just as I imagined. The queen is known for throwing the greatest parties. She is the wealthiest of the city after all. I make my way through the dense crowd, making no wondering hands get ahold of me. I make it too the grand stairs leading up to the second floor. And there I see him, standing at the top of the staircase. He's wearing a mask that I've seen no other in and has the ring I've given him around his finger. I smile, happy that he's kept it. I walk my way up a few stairs and call out his name. He looks down at me and walks towards me.

"What would you like miss?"

"Joshua."

He smiles knowing who it is. I'm the only person who he allowed to call him that. He told me "You need something to call me while we make love." when I asked him why I was the only one to call him that.

"Come."

He takes my hand and leads me out of the castle to the maze out to the side of the castle.

"Joshua, what are we doing out here?"

He keeps walking, ignoring my question.

"Joshua pl-"

I cover my mouth, taken away from what Joshua had done for me. He had set my favorite flowers in the fountain in the maze.

"Joshua, this is-"

"I would've done more but my Mother had called me to help se-"

"Joshua, it's perfect my love."

He smiles and wraps his arms around your delicate body.

"I love you (Y/N)."

"I love you too Joshua."

He smiles and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. I run my hand through his dark brown hair, knowing he loves that. He quietly moans my name and I smirk.

"(Y/N), we are in a maze. Are you sure?"

"Joshua, I'd do it anywhere with you."

He bites his lip and gently kisses your neck. You gasp as he immediately goes for your sweet spot, remembering it from the last time.

"Joshua, we can't leave marks on each other. You know our relationship is frowned apon."

He laughs and gently kisses your lips.

"We can't leave them where people can see them. I can leave them anywhere where your clothing covers. I need to claim what I own."

I smile. I'm his.

"Go ahead Joshua."

***

My niece was born yesterday! I'm so happy! I've also been doing A LOT better. I've been talking to a therapist (VIA texting) and I've been doing better. She's so sweet.
- Bryleigh