46 - Love

I sigh as I lay on the couch. Today is one of those days where I just seem to go into deep thought. Give me a subject, I could go on for hours about it.

"You okay (Y/N)?"

I look over and see Josh looking at me, concerned.

"Josh? Don't you ever think about love? Like, how it works?"

I sit up, patting the spot next to me. Josh gets up from where he was sitting and cuddles up next to me.

"Sometimes yeah. I have moments where I think about how we can't choose who we fall for."

I nod, understanding what he said.

"Love fascinates me. I don't think I'll ever be able to understand it. See, we think we have self control. I do this. I do that. But when it comes to love, you have no control. You can choose who your heart falls for. You can't choose who you see in your dreams. I feel like people don't know what love is. Love in my view is a seeing a future with someone. Wanting to wake up next to them every single day. Wanting to live the rest of your days with that one person and never getting sick of seeing them. You just fall in love all over again. I feel like most people see it as "my heart chooses you so I love you." when it's all about the little things. Love is scary. People take it different ways. Some want to belt it out to the world and others want to stay in a little shell, keeping it to themselves. But keeping yourself in that shell is bad. You never know what's in store for you if you keep it in. Yeah, that person could reject you but it's not the end of the world! Everyone has another half. Even if it's the same gender you will find that one person that makes your heart go a million miles per hour every time you look at them. You will find that person who you can't wait to go home to. You will find that person that when they say "I love you." you know they mean it. Love is caring. Love is..a mystery."

I feel Josh's hand wrap around mine a squeeze.

"Love is daring."

I quietly laugh. Every time I go into deep thought and tell Josh a whole paragraph of words, he just replies with something to go along. A short sentence or two.

"Everyone has a true love. I found mine. She's in my arms."

I smile and kiss his cheek.

"My true love right where I want him to be. Holding me."

***

I've been in deep thought all day. So, here. But never say you will die alone. You'll find your soulmate. Trust me. But in other news, happy Thanksgiving! And if you don't follow me on Twitter, a while back fucking DALLON TWEETED ME AND I CRIED. like wow.

 like wow

BUT. It's closer to Christmas. My longest yeah boi ever. AND CARS 3 LOOKS REALLY DARK MY FAVORITE MEME MIGHT BE DEAD. kachow bitches !! I'll go.
- Bryleigh