66 - Should've Been Me Pt.3

I smile and throw a piece of popcorn at Josh.

"What was that for?"

I smile and shrug.

"I have to fuck with my best friend."

Josh and I are watching movies as we wait for our baked goods to get done baking. We have classic Disney movies playing, but we aren't even paying attention. We're mostly just messing around.

"Hey Josh?"

Josh puts a handful of popcorn in his mouth as turn to me.

"What's up sweet cheeks?"

I fiddle with my fingers and look down.

"Do you ever miss Leah?"

He rubs the back of his neck and takes a drink of his beer.

"To be honest with you (Y/N), I don't. I mean, she goes through my mind here and there and I feel some feeling, but that feeling isn't as big as the feeling I have for someone else."

I take a sip of my hot coco and look at Josh, confused.

"Don't worry about it sweetie. It's not a big deal."

I place my mug down on the coffee table and grab Josh's arms.

"Not a big deal? My best friend has a crush!"

He laughs and grabs my hands.

"Wanna know who it is?"

I nod my head.

"Well, I have a crush on -"

Josh gets interrupted by the beeping of the oven. Josh jumps off the couch and rushes to the kitchen.

"Cookies are done!"

I watch Josh as he runs into the kitchen. Who does he like?

***

Josh and I lay on the couch and snack on our last cookies.

"We did really well with baking these cookies."

I nod and take another bite of my cookie. Josh is on his fifth while I'm on my third.

"Hey Josh? Do I have chocolate on my face?"

I turn to Josh and he looks at my face.

"Yeah a little on the corner of your mouth. I'll get it."

He gets a napkin from the coffee table and wipes the chocolate from the corner of my lips. I smile and take another bite from my cookie, purposely getting chocolate on myself again.

"(Y/N)! You ass!"

I laugh as he cups my cheek and goes to while the chocolate off, but stops.

"Josh?"

Josh bites his lip and drops the napkin.

"Fuck it."

Josh pressed his lips against mine. My eyes widen in surprise, but I soon melt into the kiss. I wrap my arms around Josh's neck as he lays me down on the couch. Josh breaks the kiss and sits up.

"I'm s-sorry I don-"

I cut him off my pulling him down and connecting our lips. I tangle my fingers in his hair and tug. Josh groans and deepens the kiss. Josh's hands slide under my shirt but I stop him. He breaks the kiss and puts his forehead on mine.

"Is this lust or something else?"

Josh looks into my eyes and smiles.

"I love you (Y/N). I love the fuck out of you. When I was marring Leah, I was making a big mistake. Trust me. You're the one meant for me. And if that doesn't prove it to you, I will ask you to marry me. Right here and now. I want to spend the rest of my life with you (Y/N)."

I smile and wrap my arms around Josh. He wraps his arms around me, holding me tightly.

"I love you too Josh. I always did."

Josh smiles and kisses me lightly on the lips.

"Now, let's finish what we started?"

Josh laughs at me and nods.

"Definitely."

***

A year later...

I sigh in relief as I hear the cry of a baby. I loosen the death grip I had on Josh's hand and look down at my chest to see our baby. Josh and I's child. I wrap my arm around her and wipe away the tears that are spilling from my eyes. I look over at Josh and see him with a big grin and tears running down his face.

"(Y/N)..this is our baby. Look at her."

The nurses do what they have to do to our little bundle of joy as Josh kisses me lightly on the lips. They hand me a towel to wipe the sweat from my forehead and a wet washcloth to cool me down. Giving birth does a toll on you.

"Would you like to hold her Mr. Dun?"

Josh nods eagerly and takes our daughter from the Midwife's arms.

"Hey there sweetie. I'm your dad."

I smile and wipe a tear away. The doctors start dissipating as Tyler and Jenna walk in. I smile and give a weak wave.

"Mrs. Dun? Would you like to tell us her name so we can put it on her birth card?"

I look over at Jenna and smile.

"Jenna. Her name is Jenna. After her god parent."

As the nurse writes down all her information, I look over at Jenna and see her tightly hugging Tyler, crying.

"(Y/N), it's such an honor oh my god."

I smile and tell her to come to me. I kiss her cheek and bring her ear to my lips.

"Tell your husband that he's a godparent too."

She nods and kisses me on the forehead. She walks over to Tyler, pulling his ear to her lips. He smiles and gives a side hug to Josh.

"You wanna hold you god child Tyler?"

He nods and takes Jenna from from Josh's arms. I let out a small yawn and close my eyes. It's been an eventful year. Josh and I confessed we loved each other, then started dating. We soon got married, then welcomed a child into the world. People say we're moving to fast. But I think we're just trying to catch up on the time we lost. Because I know for a fact, this man is my soul mate.

***

God I haven't posted shit but hey, it's been quite eventful. I'm on Spring Break right now, I got my crushes number and oh my god, he is PAINFULLY shitty at texting. It actually hurts me. But, I still like him. All my friends are convinced we are going to date because we have the same interests and get along really well and not to mention, we flirt. But anyways, have you had Spring Break yet? If so, what did you do?
- Bryleigh