62 - Scared?

I grab a blanket and wrap it around me. Josh laughs at me and puts the movie in the Xbox.

"You scared baby girl?"

I groan and pull the blanket over my head.

"You know I hate horror films Joshua. I don't wanna do this."

Josh shrugs and pulls me out from under the blankets and wraps his arms around me. I position myself so I'm buried into his side.

"Hey, watch some with me. With me, nothing can hurt you."

I feel a smile on my lips as Josh starts the film.

"What movie is it again?"

"The Conjuring 2."

I shiver at the name. This is not going to be a fun night.

***

(Contains spoilers for the movie. I've recently watched it.)

I hide my face in Josh's side as the Nun turns the light off next to the painting the husband made.

"She's gonna pop out Josh."

He laughs and rubs his thumb on the back of my hand.

"It's not showing her anymore (Y/N). You can look."

I lift my head and immediately regret my decision. It shows the woman looking at the painting and let me just say, that bitch isn't the painting she's standing right there.

"Joshua! You donut!"

Josh laughs and I cover my face with my hands. He grabs both of my hands and brings them down so I could see the TV.

"I don't wanna watch it!"

He laughs and he grabs both of my wrists.

"You have to watch some of it."

I reluctantly open my eyes and see the painting of the nun. She I then see hands come out from the sides of the paintings.

"Josh she's coming out of the painting no no no."

He rolls his eyes and continues to watch the movie. The nun pushes the woman back as she charges at her with the painting. The woman then is in the basement where she originally saw the nun.

"I don't want to watch it anymore Josh."

Josh lets go of my wrists and I immediately cover my face. He protectively wraps his arms around me again, trying to make me feel safe.

"I know it says based on a true story, but you know it's fake."

I shake my head as I keep my eyes away from the TV.

"You don't know that Josh."

He laughs and rubs my back.

"You're right, I don't."

***

I scream as Tyler jumps out from the hallway.

"Tyler what the fuck!"

He laughs and Josh rushes into the living room.

"What's wrong?"

"Tyler fucking jumped out from the hallway into the living room scaring the shit outta me!"

He smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"(Y/N), we watched that movie yesterday. Nothing's going to happen."

Tyler laughs and leans against the doorway of the living room.

"I told you Josh, I hate horror films. Tyler should know that too! We watched one together and I about killed him for scaring me!"

Josh laughs and Tyler pats my back.

"Are you scared (Y/N)?"

I groan and close my eyes.

"Yes! I am scared you pricks!"

***

I watched The Conjuring 2 and that shit was boring. It wasn't even scary. I wasted two hours of my life fucking damnit. But I like that I didn't get scared because I get scared of everything else except scary movies. Like, scary movies don't bother me. I wanna watch a scary movie as my first date now man. It won't effect me!
- Bryleigh.