57 - Camping

"Josh! Stop!"

I gently smack his hand that is laying on the center counsel.

"What! It's true! I can't survive out there!"

I roll my eyes and look out the window. Josh is going camping with me and my family for the first time and he keeps saying he's gonna be eaten by a bear even though there will be no bears.

"I'm honestly a little nervous to meet your family (Y/N)."

I look over and see Josh beating his thumbs on the wheel.

"Why? You've meet them before. This isn't any different."

He sighs and shrugs.

"I don't know (Y/N). I just feel like your family doesn't like me much."

I frown.

"My family loves you! Are you insane?"

Josh groans.

"When I first met them, they really didn't notice I was there."

"That's because I told them not to be all over you. I didn't want you freaking out. Sorry if you thought they didn't like you. By what I've told them, they love you. That's why they invited you camping and then me."

Josh smiles and laughs.

"God I can't wait to marry you."

My cheeks turn as red as fire trucks as I bury my head in my hands. Josh removes one hand from the steering wheel and reaches out for one of mine. I place my hand in his and smile. I love Josh with all my heart.

***

I step out of the car and get bombarded by kids all yelling my name. I laugh and try to hug all of them. I look over at Josh and see a big smile on his face. My nephew must've noticed because he ran from my arms to Josh's.

"Uncle Josh!"

Me and Josh share a look. That's the first time anyone in my family has called him uncle Josh. Soon, all the kids run away from me to Josh. I laugh and stand up.

"They seem to like your boyfriend there."

I turn to see my sister, Elizabeth.

"Yeah. I'm happy that they like him."

I give Elizabeth a hug and kiss her cheek.

"How's Alexander?"

I point to the littles of Elizabeth's four kids.

"He's good. Started Preschool!"

I smile. I point to two six year olds.

"Zack and Tyler? The twins are in the same class so they've been causing trouble but other than that, good workers."

I laugh. They've always been a handful. I point to the teen sitting in a lawn chair with her phone in her face.

"Ellie? She's doing good. Pissed off at me though. She was supposed to have a date tonight but I dragged her here."

I look at my sister and punch her in the arm. She yelps and grabs her arm.

"You could've told me! I would've picked her up tonight after her date! That's the meanest this every Eli."

She sighs.