42 - Mood Swings

Thank you @fangirlpancake for the idea!

You groan as you feel yet another kick in your stomach from your unborn baby girl. You and Josh have been married for about a year and you are six months pregnant, and having terrible mood swings. One moment you're happy as can be and the next you're angrier than a hornet. You feel terrible for Josh because he has to put up with your constant emotion change, but he supports you through it all, learning when to help and when to just leave you be. Right now you are pissed off beyond belief at Josh because he is two hours late from work. Finally you hear the front door open and shut, making you sit up.

"Where the hell have you been Josh?" You ask, rather loudly, glaring at him.

Josh closes his eyes, letting out a loud sigh, "Honey, I've been at work, okay? Tyler and I got busy with recording then finishing up some writing and didn't notice how late it was."

"Well you could have at least texted me or something, Josh. I'm your wife, I deserve to know where my husband is," You cross your arms, clearly mad and continue glaring at him.

"Fine, yes I should have texted, I'm sorry," He apologizes, too tired to argue with you. You accept his apology and lay back down on the couch.

"Josh, could you get me some water while you're in the kitchen?" You ask him.

You hear shuffling in the kitchen and then the sound of water being poured into a cup. Josh walks over to the couch and silently hands you the glass, then walks away.

A few minutes later you get the craving for some macaroni and cheese, which is in a container in the fridge and call Josh again, "Hey Josh? Could you grab me that mac-n-cheese from the fridge and a fork?"

Again, as silent as a mouse, Josh brings you the container. After you finish your food, you realize you're out of water.

So you call Josh once more, but this time you hear a loud sigh come from the kitchen, "Seriously (Y/N)?! I thought I was your husband not your personal servant, I mean I just got home from a long day of work. You've gotten to stay home all day."

You feel a mix of anger and sadness wash over you as you tear up but then yell at Josh, "You know what!? Fine, if I'm that much of a bother, go back to work, I'll just deal with the baby KICKING me all damn day by myself."

Josh pinches the bridge of his nose as you storm off to your room and slam the door, "That's not what I mea- oh just forget it there's no use in trying."

You slam the door angrily and lay down on your back on the bed, starting to cry. You rub your stomach gently and finally, for the first time today, your baby girl stops kicking. Soon after, the peaceful silence prompts you to fall asleep.

You wake up two hours later, with no sign of Josh, and rub your eyes sighing. A sharp knock on the door wakes you up fully.

"Come in Josh..." You trail off, not sure how to handle the situation. Josh pops his head on the side of the door and smiles warmly. You look at him emotionless, doing your best to hold back a smile, afraid that if you do smile he'll get out easy.

"(Y/N), look, I'm sorry for what I said earlier, I really am. I brought you some snacks and movies," Josh opens the door completely to show one hand with a shopping bag full of snacks and the other with a bag full of Disney movies, "also, I brought myself for cuddles and kisses, if you need them."

You look down at the ground when another sharp kick in your stomach and Josh's act of kindness causes you to tear up. Josh walks over to the bed, sitting the bags down, and kneels in front of you. He wipes your tears with the pads of his thumbs and rests his forehead against yours.

Josh's brown eyes lock with your (E/C) ones and he whispers, "baby, I'm so sorry, please forgive me. I love you."

"I love you too Joshy, yes I'll forgive you, I'm sorry for being so bossy," You mumble, suddenly embarrassed. Josh repeats "no, no, don't be sorry," and lays down sheltering you in his embrace. He keeps pecking your lips as he rubs your stomach.

"Can we eat some of those snacks now Josh, I'm kinda hungry," you ask hopefully.

Josh chuckles softly and nods, "Of course, that's what I bought them for."

Needless to say, you two spent the rest of the day cuddling, kissing, singing along to Disney movies and planning for your baby girl.

A/N: Hello! Emma here! I hope you enjoyed this imagine, because I sure enjoyed writing it haha. Thanks again for requesting!

Stay alive frens

~Emma~