55 - Should've Been Sooner

"Remember, Josh is coming over! I expect good behavior!"

I hear Issac laugh as he enters the kitchen.

"I'm always good!"

I roll my eyes and continue to stir the hamburger meat. Since Josh is coming over, you decided to make tacos.

"Yeah right."

I feel Issac's arms wrap around my waist. He puts his head on my shoulder.

"What if I'm not good?"

I turn around so I'm facing him.

"Then your ass will be on the couch tonight."

He laughs and lets go of me. I place the spoon on the counter and check the time. Josh should be over any minute.

***

I speed walk to the door as soon as the doorbell goes off. I haven't seen Josh in a while due to his tour so I'm super pumped to see him. I open the door and reveal Josh.

"Josh!"

"(Y/N)!"

We both give each other bear hugs. I've missed his hugs so bad.

Josh's POV
(A/N - whoa weird right)

I release (Y/N) from my bear hug and smile. I've missed her so much. So much that tonight, I think I'm going to ask her out.

"Josh! I want you to meet someone!"

I put my hands behind my back and nod.

"I'm ready as I'll ever be."

She smiles and races off to the kitchen. She walks back with a man following right behind her.

"Josh, meet my boyfriend Issac!"

Right then and there, I feel my heart shatter. She got a boyfriend while I was gone? He reaches out to shake my hand and I take it, not trying to make it look obvious that I'm hurt.

"Nice to meet you Josh. She's said a lot about you."

I smile.

"Nice to meet you too. Haven't heard anything about you though. Didn't know you existed."

He laughs and wraps his arm around (Y/N).

"Yeah. I told her I want to meet you face to face."

I nod. (Y/N) tells me that the food in the kitchen is ready if I wanted to eat. I smile and thank her. She didn't have to make anything. I make my plate and take a seat across from (Y/N). Issac takes the seat next to me. I look over and (Y/N) and see she's not eating.

"You gonna eat (Y/N)?"

She shakes her head.

"No. I ate before you got here. I couldn't wait."

I silently laugh. Typical (Y/N).

"So Josh, should I be scared your gonna steal (Y/N) away?"

My eyes go wide. (Y/N) slaps Issac in the arm and gives him a steady look.

"What? It was a joke!"

I close my eyes momentarily and continue to eat. This is going to be a long night.

***

After dinner, we all go sit on the couch. Issac stretches and grabs my attention. He has everything I don't have. Abs, a tan, normal colored hair, he's hot, great. Now I feel amazing about myself.

"Hey (Y/N), I think I'm gonna go."

I stand up and grab my keys.

"What? Why so early?"

I scratch the back of my neck. I can't tell her that it's because I'm heartbroken and feeling shattered because of Issac.

"Tyler wanted me to go over a music video idea."

She sighs and hugs me. I hug back. Issac shakes my hand and smiles.

"Nice meeting you man."

I fake a smile and nod.

"You too."

I slip on my shoes and hurry out. I should've been sooner.

***

I FUCKING HATE THIS BAND BUT DON'T AT THE SAME TIME THERE IS A HEAVYDIRTYSOUL MUSIC VIDEO COMING OUT I WANT TO DIE WHAT THE FUCK MAN I FUCKING FUCKITY FUCKTITS.
also, i need ideas. help pls.
- Bryleigh