28 - Prettier Than the Sky

You put on your coat and slip on your shoes. Josh is on his way over to your home to pick you up so you guys can hang out. You hear your phone ding as you grab it off the kitchen counter.

Josh: I'm here. Do you want me to come in?

(Y/N): I don't care Josh. I still have to put my hair up.

Josh: I'll come in and attempt to help you.

You laugh and slip your phone in your back pocket. You hear a knock on the door and you open it to reveal a very happy Josh.

"Someone's happy."

He laughs and steps into your house, following you to the bathroom.

"So, what hairstyle?"

You turn on the bathroom light and get some bobby pins.

"A simple bun. We're just hanging out. No need dressing up."

He smiles and you hand him some bobby pins and tell him to hold it. You start doing your hair with Josh helping along the way. Ten minutes later, you finish. You would've finished earlier if Josh didn't have to pee halfway through. You and Josh are walking out to his car when Josh picks you up.

"Joshua!!"

He laughs as you struggle to get out of his grasp.

"Let me carry you to my car (Y/N)."

"Your car is right there!"

You point to his vehicle which is parked in your driveway. Josh grunts and puts you down. You give him a face and straighten out your shirt. You turn around and start walking when Josh slaps your butt. You spin around to see Josh and that famous smirk on his face. You flip him off and get in his car. Josh gets in the drivers side and starts the car. He pulls out of your driveway and starts to drive.

"I hate you Josh."

He laughs and shakes his head.

"Ah no you don't."

You roll your eyes and look out the window.

"Fuck you then Josh."

You hear him laugh.

"Oh how you wish you could (Y/N)."
                 *****Time Skip*****
It's now ten p.m. and Josh says he still has one more place to take you.

"Josh I have to get to bed! I have plans tomorrow!"

Josh shushes you and turns on music. You roll your eyes and look out the window. You loved the nighttime. Well, when you were out and about. You loved looking up and seeing the stars and the shapes and consolations they make. You close your eyes and lean your head against the window. After fifteen minutes or so, Josh's car comes to a stop.

"We're here (Y/N). Get your lazy ass outta my car."

You roll your eyes and get out of Josh's car. You smile and look around to see that Josh has taken you to a place where there aren't any lights and you can see all the stars. Josh walks up beside you, trying not to bother you.

"Thank you Josh."

He smiles and rubs the back of his neck.

"No problem."

You lay your head on Josh's shoulder and close your eyes. It's so quiet. Peaceful. Natures at rest.

"(Y/N)?"

You reply with a hum.

"There's a bench over there. Wanna sit?"

You nod. You start towards the bench when Josh picks you up, bridal style.

"Not again Josh!"

"I'm not letting you go so you better stop squirming."

You sigh. You lean your head up against Josh's chest as he sits on the bench. Josh puts his chin on top of your head and smiles.

"The sky is so pretty isn't it Josh?"

"You're prettier than the sky (Y/N). By miles."

You smile as your cheeks began to heat up.

"That's a lie Josh. Stop that."

"It's no lie (Y/N). You're beautiful. You're like a star but 10x hotter."

You laugh.

"Nice joke there drummer boy."

You look up at Josh and see him smiling.

"You're smile is prettier than the sky."

He laughs and kisses the top of your head.

"Thanks (Y/N)."

You squirm out from his arms and go up the the fence to hold you back from falling. Josh joins you a few minutes later, slipping his hand into yours.

"Can we go on a date sometime drummer boy?"

"Sure hun."

You yawn and stretch.

"Let's get you home (Y/N)."

You both get in the car and start driving towards your house, you falling asleep on the way.
                  *****Time Skip*****
You close the door to your house and you hear a ding from your phone. Josh posted on Instagram? You open it and laugh. It's a picture of you up against the fence the the caption

"Prettier than the sky."
                      ***************
HOT DIGGITY DOG THAT WAS CUTE
I absolutely hate myself I've been watching Mickey Mouse on Netflix.
- Bryleigh