25 - Thank You

You hug Josh as he starts to walk up on stage.

"You got this Josh!"

Josh turns around and gives you that smile that makes your heart melt. You're so proud of him. You and Josh have been friends since high school and dated after you guys graduated. You guys have been together since and you haven't been this happy in a while. I remember back in high school when Josh called you, panicking about his drumming.

                       *Flashback*
You lean against Josh's locker, waiting for him. Today was the last day of school and both of you are super excited.

"(Y/N)!"

You look over to see Josh. You smile and wave, him returning a small wave. He rushes over to you and hugs you.

"Whoa Josh. What's up?"

He smiles and opens his locker.

"Oh nothing. I just got my first gig with Tyler this weekend."

You gasp.

"Josh no way are you shitting me?!"

He laughs and puts all his stuff in his bag. You kiss his cheek and smile. You've always crushed on Josh. But you never knew if Josh felt the same.

"Tonight I'm gonna practice and show you some of my skill. The shows this Saturday and since it's Wednesday I have..."

"Two days and half a day to practice."

He smiles at you and closes his locker.

"Let's go (Y/N)."

You smile and walk beside Josh. Today is a great day.

*****Time Skip*****
You see your phone screen light up with Josh's name. He should be practicing. It's Saturday.

"Josh wha-"

"(Y/N) I can't do this I can't play in front of people o don't know."

You frown. Josh has been so pumped about this gig since he told you and seeing him like this breaks your heart.

"Josh, you are an amazing drummer. Why do you think different?"

You hear the panic in his voice as he talks.

"Look Josh. I'm gonna come over okay?"

"Okay just please hurry (Y/N) I don't know what to do."

You slip on your shoes and jump into your car. You start to drive and turn on your radio. You smile when you hear Glowing Eyes start playing. Josh has given you the album that him and Tyler made and you love it. It's your favorite one out of the others you have. You soon pull into Josh's driveway and rush to his door. You knock, waiting for someone to answer. Thankfully, Josh answers. He pulls you into a tight hug.

"Oh my god (Y/N) you're here I don't know what to do."

You pull back and close the door behind you. You grab Josh's hand and lead him down to his drums.

"Play a song for me."

"(Y/N) I don't thi-"

"Joshua play a song for me."

He sighs and sits down on his drums and starts playing Glowing Eyes. You smile and sit down in a chair, watching him. After he gets done playing you smile and jump up.

"Josh you are such an amazing drummer I absolutely think your will kill it tonight I fucking love you to death."

You hug Josh and laugh.

"I love you too (Y/N)."

*Flashback Over*
You smile as you see Josh play his heart out in front of a million people. You never get bored watching him.

"Before we start our next song, Josh would like to talk about his girl backstage."

You smile watch as Tyler hands him the microphone.

"I know I don't talk much but I feel like this needs to be said. My girlfriend has been there for me from the beginning. I remember Tyler's and I first gig. I freaked out and called (Y/N) over. She made me play then was super supportive and helped me believe I was the best drummer in the world. I know I'm not but that's what she makes me think everyday. Every time I play I always see her dancing and smiling, enjoying herself. She is the best thing to every happen to me and I have no idea where I would be without her. She has always kept me in place and gives me pep talks when I'm in need of them. So, I would like to do this. (Y/N) come here please."

You smile as you walk out. Josh gets off his drums and walks to the middle of the stage. He smiles and kisses your cheek.

"Okay (Y/N), I don't want to make this cheesy but here I go. You are the best thing to every happen to me. You make me laugh, smile, happy, everything. Right now I've never been happier than I am with you. So (Y/N)?"

Josh grabs your hand and gets down on one knee. He puts the microphone down and pulls out a box. He opens it to reveal your dream ring. You gasp and start to feel tears well up in your eyes. You hear the screams of the fans as those four word come out of his mouth.

"Will you marry me?"

You nod your head yes and attempt to get the words out. He smiles and slips the ring on your finger. He picks you up and spins you around.

"Can we get a woot woot for these two cuties!"

You laugh as you hear the crowd go "woot woot".

"Josh oh my god I love you so much."

Josh kisses you.

"I love you too baby."
***************
GOD THAT ENDING IS HORRID.
I'm sorry I haven't been writing I've been sleepy and feeling ill so.
Hope you enjoy!
- Bryleigh