53 - New Year Kisses

I step out of the taxi and straighten my dress. My friend dragged me to a New Years party and let me just say, I am not excited. I don't like to spend my New Years eating pizza alone at home by myself but I definitely don't like being around a bunch of drunks looking for someone to stick their tongue down their throat when the ball drops. Right now, the pizza sounds amazing.

"Come on (Y/N)!"

I walk over to my friend and give her a small smile.

"When we get in, we're getting drinks."

I roll my eyes. Alicia is all about drinks. She grabs my hand and pulls me into the door. I scrunch my nose at the smell of vodka and sweaty people. Alicia drags me to the bar, where I order a Cosmopolitan. I look to my left to say something to Alicia but I notice that she left me. This is going to suck.

***

I look at the time. Twenty minutes till the ball drops and as always, I don't have anyone to kiss.

"Excuse me. I can't help to notice that you've been alone at the bar for about two hours."

I look over my shoulder and see a man with yellow hair. Interesting color.

"Can I take the seat next to you?"

I nod and take a sip of my second Cosmopolitan.

"Do you not talk?"

I smile.

"I do. I'm just not a party fan. I've always spent my New Years eating pizza alone in my house."

The yellow haired man laughs.

"Finally! I found someone who relates to me!"

I smile.

"I'm (Y/N)."

The yellow man holds his hand out.

"Josh."

I put my hand in his and he brings it up to his lips and places a light kiss on the back of my hand. I smile.

"Flirt much?"

He laughs and takes a sip of his beer.

"What can I say? It's a trait of mine."

I roll my eyes and take another sip of my drink.

"Do you have a kiss for the end of tonight?"

I sigh.

"No. Are you talking to me to try and get me to kiss you?"

"Oh no! Not at all! I honestly find you very beautiful and I wanted to get to know you. If I was lucky, score a kiss."

He rubs the back of his neck nervously. The sleeve of his shirt slides up and I see a little bit of what I think is a tattoo.

"You have a tattoo?"

He smiles and rolls up his sleeve. My eyes go wide. Wow.

"This is beautiful."

I trace my finger along the tree, trying to memorize everything about it. It's absolutely beautiful.

"Thanks. I didn't see you as the type to like tattoos."

I smile and continue to trace the tree.

"I love them. I honestly find them so interesting. Some have meaning to them. Personal or not, it's still interesting to find out the story about what the imprinted on their body."

Josh turns his stool to face me and places his other hand on my knee.

"I would tell you the meaning but I honestly keep it kind of secretive."

I look up at Josh and look him in the eyes. Wow. They are really nice.

"That's completely okay. Trust me."

I check my phone.

"Hey Josh there is fifteen minutes left."

Josh grabs my hand.

"Good. I can get to know you better."

Me and Josh talk away till there is a minute left. Honestly, I could see myself with Josh. We have so many similar trait and interests. He's so sweet too.

"Will you be my New Years kiss?"

I smile.

"Thought you'd never ask Josh."

He laughs. We look at the TV and count down with the rest of the crowd.

"5!....4!....3!....2!....1! Happy New Year!"

Josh pulls me to him and passionately kisses me. I wrap my arms around his neck, enjoying the kiss. Josh wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer. I hear people start to cheer and I pull away reluctantly.

"Wow."

I laugh.

"Josh, you are one good damn kisser."

He laughs and gives me a small smile.

"Thanks. I don't know about you. I think I need another kiss."

Without any hesitation I kiss him. God I could get used to this. I met this man two hours ago and I melt in his arms. I pull away.

"That any better?"

"Much."

I roll my eyes and check my phone.

"Wanna bail and get some pizza?"

Josh laughs.

"Are you crazy? Who could decline that?"

I grab my coat and link my arms with Josh. I'm not eating pizza alone this year.

***

HAPPY NEW YEARS! I'm so glad to see 2016 BURN. Anyways, I hope everyone had a great and safe New Years! Did anyone get lucky and have a New Years kiss? not me lmaooooo
- Bryleigh