We Can Be Mended

Tris POV

I have been avoiding Tobias all day along. All freaking day long. He tried talking to me but nothing came out. We have all of our classes together and he tried sitting next to me but I would not allow it. It's seventh period now which means it is lunch. We all start to walk downs the hallway to lunch.

Tobias does not want a baby. He told me, right in the eye. How am I supposed to talk to someone like that? How am I supposed to tell him if he does not want him? What will happen to my baby? If I stay together with Tobias, will we have to give him up for adoption. I really wanted a family. But then this is the realization. Tobias does not ever want any children ever.

"Tris." He calls as I walk down the hallway.

I turn around and gives him a death glare and then I chat with Marlene and Shauna. Marlene walks with some boy who is not Uriah. He has spiked brown hair and light blue eyes. I laugh really loud, to make him think that I am having so much fun without him. I do not need Tobias.

"Hi Tris and Shauna." Mar says with a wide smile. She clutches some boy's hand.

"Hey, Mar." I reply.

"Who's the lucky guy?" Shauna asks.

Marlene's eyes dart around the room. She eventually looks at the boy.

He answers, "This lucky guy is Nathan. Her boyfriend."

I thought that it was not true. Uriah and Marlene truly broke up. Uriah told me but. . . but . . . Why? They were so cute together and Uriah told me that he was going to propose to Marlene. I wonder if he ever did.

"Hey, yo Tris, talk to me." Tobias shouts as we walk to lunch.

I roll my eyes and snickers with Shauna and Marlene. Nathan just keeps his arm around Marlene, looking bored.

"Trissy Poo."

I ignore him. I remain quiet as my friends talk. I try to look like I am engaging into the conversation. I laugh occasionally to look like I am perfectly fine with my husband, Tobias Eaton.

"My wife is a really good kisser." Tobias says and I ignore his words.

"She is sexy, too." A boy next to Tobias agrees.

"Paws off. She's still my wife and I do not share." Tobias growls.

I looks back. I stare into his deep blue eyes. Ugh, I try to look away. His eyes are so captivating. I just cannot look away.

"She looked!" Tobias shouts at a boy that looks almost exactly the same as Tobias. He smacks him in the ribs.

"Oh my gawd!" The boy shrieks and smacks him back.

I glare at them.

"She's still looking." The boy with Toby laughs.

"Just keep looking. Just keeping looking." He laughs.

I crack a smile.

Tobias can be so stupid at times but that is why I love him. He can always cheer me up even when I am mad at him. Maybe we can overcome this situation and move on. I do not know but maybe. Just maybe. There is a small part of me that wants to forgive him. It feels like that tiny part is controlling my whole entire body.

~~~~~~

Tobias POV

I walk to our lunch table with a plate of Dauntless cake and a hamburger. Matthew has the same. I have never seen him around school before but he told me that he watched from afar. He did not want to worry me or bother me. I wonder why he showed up all of a sudden.

Everyone gapes at me even Peter and Uriah.

"This is Matthew Eaton." I announce to my friends.

"Hi." Matthew says shyly. Everyone stares with their mouths open.

"Is he your uh. . . uh. . . ." Zeke tries.

Uriah looks up from his Dauntless cake. Usually, he would eat the entire thing in one bite. I see him glance at Marlene and the same boy from earlier. Uriah really misses her. How could Marlene do that to Uriah? Uriah looks back to his cake and continues to move his fork around the plate, unfazed. He is so out of it. This break up did not go so well with him and I cannot blame him.

"Bro-brother?" Lynn stammers and leans against Peter's shoulder. He plays with her short hair. Lynn got her hair cut again like it was during her Initiation.

"Yeah. He's my older brother." I state and take a seat next to Tris. Tris barley looks at me.

"We need to talk." She says quietly, avoiding my eyes.

I look at Matthew and say to my friends, "Keep an eye on him."

"I'm not going to do anything, Tobias." Matthew rolls his eyes.

I laugh, "For all they know, you could be a monster!"

"Like a monster would look this sexy." Matthew chuckles.

"Hey, I like your brother. We could be great friends!" Zeke says.

"Good, Zekey Wekey." I grin. Zeke hates that name but I always call him that.

Zeke whines and stomps his foot, "Pwease don't call mwe dat!"

Tris clears her throat. She says with a shaky voice, "Can we go now, alone?"

I nod. Why is she acting so weird. I know that I said something to hurt her feelings but what is she going to tell me that she needs to be so nervous about.

Tris walks out of the cafeteria doors and I follow after her. Once I catch up to her, I try to take Tris's hand but she pulls away.

"I have something to tell you." She whispers as we go into an empty hallway that I never thought existed. Her eyes stay, concentrated on the floor.

"What's that?" I say, a little too loudly than I should.

"I-I. . . I am pregnant." Tris says so soft that it is barely a whisper.

~~~~~

Christina's POV

I wake up, alone. Well not exactly alone. There is the baby that is growing inside of me. I groan and rub my belly. My stomach is hurting really bad. The room that I am in is empty and has bright lights. There is a bunch of medical stuff hooked onto my body. Where am I? I think that I am in the hospital. I must be in the hospital. The events from before are occurring in my head. Al shot Will and myself. I do not know where I got shot. I hope that the baby is okay and Will is. I do not care about myself except for the baby that grows inside of me. If there was a way to keep the baby healthy even if I am not, I would do it in a heartbeat.

"-dead and unconscious." Says a voice outside of my room.

Suddenly, I am worried. Who is dead?

A/N: how should Tobias respond? Who is dead? Thank you all so much! I love your comments and keep voting. I recently made a story about Divergent High and it's about if Tris and Four hate each other. Please keep reading and maybe check out that story. Ily😘