Where Are All The Dauntless Going?

Tobias POV

"Hey Six, nice butt." Says Matthew as Tris and I walk into the training room. There's only a few initiates here because it's eight and they're all late.

I knew he was going to be a tough one.

"Lay off her. She won't even seduce me and I'm her fiancé. So what makes you so special?" I ask harshly.

"Look at you and then look at me." Matthew states. The room erupts into laughter except Tris and I.

"You're pointing out the obvious. And that is that I am smoking hot and you break a mirror every time you look in it." I smirk.

"She'll be falling head over heels for me." Mumbles Matthew.

"If she sees you fight then yeah because your a weak Candor and she'll be laughing at you. Not with you." I say.

"N-" Tries Matthew but the noise makes him stop talking.

All of our seven Initiates are finally here. These are our Initiates:

Matthew and Elizabeth and Drake...Candor

Mae and Ella...Erudite

Mason and Lela...Amity

"We will be teaching you how to shoot a gun." I remind everyone of training.

Peter walks through the doors of the training room because he's the new leader in training. Tris was offered the job but she denied. I don't know why but I feel like I was her reason for denying it. Maybe because of what I did. No not a maybe. It was a definitely. All the pain that I caused her.

I sigh and click the bullet into place after picking up my gun. It would be so easier to pull that trigger and end it all. No one needs me. So why should I not? I will...No, I can. Tris doesn't need me. Tonight after we continue the Hunger Games, I will jump into the chasm. It will be quick and easy. I know it seems like cowardice but I'm saving Tris from myself. I cannot hurt her anymore. I vow that to myself. That one promise is what I will commit to.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tobias POV

The rest of the day was a blur. I pretty just moped around and avoided Tris's ongoing questions. I feel bad but I will not be around too much longer. She does not need that pain. I did horrible things to her and she forgave me. I do not know how she could of. I had an affair and betrayed her. I thought that I did not need her. Boy, was I wrong.

"Tobias, please. What's wrong?" Tris asks me.

I turn around and face her. I shake my head and sigh. We're waiting in the training room for everyone else. We're going to start the Hunger Games, shortly. I need to act fast.

"Please, Toby. I need you." She pleads.

I stare at the floor and try to hold back the tears.

"Tobias Eaton! You cannot do this to me. . . . Please. . . ." She says, trying to get my attention.

"I love you, Tris. That's all you need to remember, okay?" I snap.

"Just. . . . Tell me what's wrong." Tris exclaims.

I slam my hands on the table in front of me. I walk away from her and shout, "You don't need me. No one does."

"Tobias, I need you." She mumbles.

"I have no one left that I care about except for you. You have your brother and your friends. You deserve to live without me. Do whatever you want. I won't hold you back anymore. It's better this way." I say behind my back.