86.

Tobias.

I had never given much thought to how endings would happen. I doubt many people have. It's something we typically don't worry about until it happens.

Which was the exact predicament I had been in.

It wasn't my fondest moments, really.  I was acting on impulse.  If I wouldn't been thinking about the possible outcome then things would've turned out a whole heck of a lot differently.

I turn my head to look out the window where Tris was strolling our twin babies, Natalie and William.

It had been a week since it happened and I still haven't recovered fully.  Tris has let me keep to myself to mind my own business and tend to my wavering thoughts.  It hasn't been working, though.  I don't know what I need nor what I want. I've been kind of living in a blank state.

Even when it happened.  When I killed my mother and father.  I know I shouldn't be blaming it on my rush of adrenaline but I'm still not ready to come to the facts.   I realize my mother and father weren't the greatest but they were still my parents.  The same parents who, their son had betrayed and killed; however, I'd like to think I did it to save Tris and our children.  I saved three lives for two.  That should be okay, right?

After I shot my mother, I turned towards my father who pulled the trigger and shot somewhere close to Tris. After that, I just lost it and without thinking, I pulled my own trigger and shot at him. He fell down with a clank, blood seeping out of his body like a river. Evelyn's guards were frozen in their stance because of what I'd just done.

I surprised myself and them as well.

I took my wife's hand in mine and began running back to our house. She was carrying our kids and I can still remember hearing our footsteps padding against the cement. Silence filling the air.

After the two major leaders of the city were deceased, everything kind of changed. It seemed more peaceful and still does, even now. No one's necessarily in charge, yet but I think the the factions will still stay the same. I haven't really payed attention to the news in our quaint city but rumor has it, from Christina, that there's a meeting in a few days on the matter.

When Evelyn stood in front of me and I thought everything was over; Tris, my everything.  But, yet it was just the beginning of something and I helped create it, not end it.  Evelyn was going to end it, with her gun pointed straight at me, daring me to choose her over Tris.

The beginning of I really don't understand has started.  Perhaps, I'll find out later.  Isn't that what life's, all about?

So, with that thought in mind.  I get up off my lazy butt and open the front door.  Tris turns her head and looks shocked at first to see me but then she smiles.

I walk over to her and embrace her in a hug.

This wasn't how I expected my life to result in, after all, I'd been through a lot.  With Marcus when I was younger, high school, training the students, meeting Tris, having kids, going into a war.

I am finally ready to embrace all of what has happened and what will happen.  None of it was expected but that's how life is.  I'm finally ready to be free, like how Tris had zip lined through the city before when I was training them.  Maybe I can do that, too.  But not yet.  I'm still not fully over my fear of heights; however, I'm getting there, too.  Just like I overcame my fear of killing an innocent.  One fear at a time, with my wife by my side.

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever.  So much has happened and I've barley had any time.  But I hope you like the new ending to this book.  It wasn't like Allegiant, really.  I do have to go back and do some MAJOR editing, though.  My writing was horrible.

But thank you so much for taking the time to read my story and staying with me through this journey.  This was my first story on Wattpad and I hope you enjoyed it.  I have others I published on here recently.  Check them out, if you have a chance.

Thanks, again!