85.

Recap:

Evelyn laughs. "And, now everything bad will happen. He was right; it could have saved your life. Tobias, you shouldn't have ignored my offer. You should have come and helped me."

"It isn't supposed to end like this." I murmur.

And then a rush of adrenaline courses through my veins at the sight of her gun pointed at Tris. It wavers from Tris, to the kids, to settling on me.

I take one last look at Evelyn before doing something to surprise not only myself, but everyone else.

***

Marcus came up right behind Evelyn and whacked her on her head.

Everyone stared at me expectantly like I would know what to do but I didn't. I was just as helpless as them, but I grabbed Tris' hand in mine and without thinking, I sprinted towards the fence.

On our way, Will came out of no where and held a gun out, pointed towards Tris.

She screamed at him. "Will? What are you doing?"

He clicked the bullet into place.

Without thinking, I hit the gun out of his hand before he could shoot her and surprisingly, she had shot him.

Tears formed in her eyes. "What did I just do?"

"Tris-" I started to say.

Christina sprinted after us, screaming, "Four, Tris. Wait, for William and Natalie."

To our surprise, Christina didn't notice Will's lifeless body.

We had named our baby girl after Tris' mother Natalie as a tribute. She had been murdered and it still remains a mystery to this day. William was a name we had liked but I guess now, it also pays a tribute to our friend Will.

One of Evelyn's soldiers rapidly shot, the bullets not going anywhere but in the sky. Our friends were caught in the chaos so we waited for Christina until we took off towards the fence.

Tris stopped me. "My father."

"What do you-" I was going to ask until I saw her father laying on the ground, blood pouring out of her stomach.

I out my hand on the small of her back. "Tris, we have to keep going. Do you want me to-"

She shook her head. "No, Tobias. I'm fine. It's okay. You don't have to do anything but you're right we should get going."

We arrived at the fence in no time. Tori was waiting for us.

I looked at her, confused as she pulled a truck up to us. "What?" She asked.

"How did you know we were coming?"

"The secrets lie behind this fence," she said, getting out the car. Cara and Johanna were standing behind her in with a separate car.

Marcus came sprinted to us with Zeke, Caleb, and Uriah. He said, out of breath. "Let's hurry before they come after us."

"Fine."

"Where-where's Will?" Christina had asked.

Tris looked away, her eyes bloodshot as she carried William and I carried Natalie.

"I'm sorry, Chris," I mumbled before going into the truck.

Tori walked around to the driver's side as she was shot by one of Evelyn's soldiers. She fell onto the ground like rag doll. Everyone started to panic as Marcus took the wheel and drove hastily behind Johanna.

But, we didn't make it long until we saw many soldiers guarding the fence.

And, that's the moment when Evelyn won.

She took away my freedom and happy ending.