Mariah Is Back

Marlene's POV

Recap:

"St-stop." I stammer and push Nathan's hands off of my chest.

Nathan quickens his breath and replies, "Not until I'm done."

I try to kick him but he dodges. Nathan locked us in the janitor's closet where he is now trying to have sex with me. Nathan continues to touch me and kisses my neck. I feel so disgusted right now. I thought that there was a possibility of me liking him. Maybe it was there but it was slim. Very slim. He is only using me and plus he kidnapped me. I cannot let him do this to me, though.

"Nath-Nathan let g-go of me." I stutter as he places his hand on my mouth.

I call for the only person who I know would help me, "Uriah!"

Nathan smacks my butt and I shriek, "Uriah!"

I hear footsteps quickly stomping in the distance. Maybe it is Uriah. It probably is not because Uriah is mad at me. Nathan also ignores the loud footsteps and continues to touch me. He lifts up my shirt and then unbuckles my jeans. I grab his hands, trying to pry them away. Nathan does not stop from touching me.

"Marlene?" I hear someone shout. It is Uriah.

~~~

Uriah's POV

Marlene says, apologetically with a small smile, "You don't forget the person who was you're last hope. That was you. You saved me from. . . from being. . . touched in odd places by th-that monster. I wish I could erase time and never let him do that to me. I'm sorry Uriah but I don't want to hurt you anymore." She turns her head away, about to leave before I grab her wrist. Marlene looks back at me with wide eyes; a few feet away she stands and I grin.

"You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices." I say before embracing her into a hug.

"You still want me- after everything?" Marlene asks, without looking up. She stuffs her hands in her dark jeans to avoid fidgeting with her fingers.

"And now I'm looking at you," I say, "and you're asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that makes me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before - bits of myself to the factions, to Dauntless, but it took years to do it - but, Marlene, since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely. I still do. If you want me."

She smiles, "So now that you got me, what are you going to do with me?"

I chuckle, "Put you somewhere you won't get hurt."

"That sounds reasonable of you." Mar giggles reminding me of how delicate she can be. Often times I think of her as someone who can never get hurt and sad but she can. Marlene is just as breakable as anyone else but you have to push a little harder. She's tough and that's why I love her.

I take her hand and lead her out of the dreary, dark closet, "Come with me."

"Where are we going?" She inquires.

"Somewhere special," I propose, smiling to myself. "just keep your eyes shut," Then, I mention.

A/N: Cliffhanger but it's quite obvious. I'm so sorry about not updating. I have had writer's block on this story and we have pssas. High school soccer, regular soccer, swim, and color guard are all going on every single week so I haven't had much time. Comment ideas in case I have more writers block please :) I love your comments and I try to reply back to some of them.