78.

MUST READ Before you read: (hey that was kind of rhyming... Well not exactly. I repeated the same word twice but doesn't it sound great? Never mind. No, it doesn't. I should just stop XD)

In the remains of a destroyed country, a new nation is born. 4 zones are created. Join May and her friends through a life if romance, adventure, and friendship. If u love divergent this is for you!

If you're looking for a book similar to Divergent and other dystopian novels then check out The Moment Of Truth by graceeoliver

Seriously, it's such a good book so far. I'm addicted and btw @graceeoliver you must update it!!! Also, she needs more reads on it because it is amazing! Take a quick second to read this book because it might just be your new favorite.

Uriah's POV

After a few minutes of silence while I kneel on one knee, Marlene starts to cry. Not the little tears but big, sloppy tears that make you want to cry along. Coming from Dauntless, I'm unsure what to do. I'm debating on whether to cry or not. I have to shut my eyes to force the tears back. Usually no one cries and Marlene would be last the person to cry. Something big must have happened or she hates me and doesn't want to say yes. Either way, I am scared for the outcome.

I go to embrace Mar in a hug but she shrugs me off and sniffles. She huffs, "I-I'm okay."

I shake my head, "You may not think I can feel but that doesn't mean I can't see feelings in others. Just look at you. Anyone in their right minds would know you're not and if they say you are, they're lying."

She takes a breath before answering, "Oh uh okay I guess bu-but. . . I want t-to say yes. . . It's just tha-that something happened."

I nod, reassuring her to continue.

She takes a gulp of air, "Na-Nathan he. . . Uh he. . . I lost my virginity."

"That pansycak-"

"I'll never forgive myself for leaving you. Not if I live a hundred thousand years." Marlene exhales and wipes tears away from her eyes with her black sleeve. "I don't deserve you. I could live a hundred lifetimes and not deserve you. . .I want to give up. . .Look at me, I'm pathetic. I'm a mess and-"

"Better not give in to it. It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart."

"Maybe I've already fallen apart and maybe I'm waiting to tell you once I'm sure ."

I chuckle, "That's sensible of you. Maybe we should find some paper so you can make a list or a chart or something."

"Maybe I'm already sure," she says, "and I just don't want to frighten you."

"I'm Dauntless, I'm not like Four with only four fears but, I don't get so frightened easily." I say, stepping closer to her.

"No one blames you." I say, after a while.

"That never matters," Says Mar. "Not when you blame yourself."

"Th-"

Mar scoffs, taking one step back, "I wish I had left. I-I just I. . . regret ever letting him take advantage of me. I-I'm Dauntless too. Shou-"

"The world is not a wish granting factory, Marlene. You just have to role with the punches thrown at you in life. It wasn't your fault what he did to you. He's pansycake and a coward that is scared of a brave and beautiful Dauntless member. I know you feel regret for something that seems like your fault but it's not, nor will it ever be. Regret is such a pointless emotion- especially when you did nothing wrong but the marks humans leave are often too scars. . . I love you, you know that. I know that love is just a shout in the void, that oblivion is inevitable, and we're all doomed that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust. I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever know and I'm in love with you," I say while taking her soft hand.

She lifted her brown eyes to mine and I say, "You're brilliant," she says. "But you're a fool to stay with someone like me."

I close my eyes at the touch of her hand."Then we are both fools."

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb," Mar mentions, stepping closer to me. We are almost four inches apart.

I agree, taking another step closer, "What a stupid lamb."

"What a sick, masochistic lion." She states while shaking her head, disapprovingly.

~~~

"So is that a yes?" I ask after a while and pet Mar's hair that has fallen all over the place. The rushing water of the Chasm keeps me serene in this moment. We sit on the cool ground of the Chasm. Her in my lap and me trying to keep my sanity. Tapping my foot against the rocks, Marlene looks up and we make eye contact.

"Do you love me, real or not real?" Marlene leans her head onto my chest as she questions, staring in my dark brown eyes.

"Real."

A/N: I forget who the idea was from about Marlene getting knocked up by Nathan but thank you!! Try and guess the fandoms I used! I used multiple ones so take a guess :) I might update later but please comment and don't forget to vote! Seriously, comments make my day and it gives me motivation to write. I've been busy lately but we're off for spring break right now so I'll have more time to update.