Dead or Alive?

Tris POV

"Okay Trissy!" Christina says overly enthusiastic and holds up a red dress that is way too revealing, "This one?"

"Chrissy, we aren't shopping for dresses." I moan.

"Would Uriah like this?" Mar says while holding up a shirt that says, I ain't no pansycake.

We all laugh.

Shauna asks, "Where'd you find that?"

"Apparently it really is Dauntless slang." Mar shrugs.

"That's perfect." We all say in unison and burst out laughing.

"This for Will?" Chris asks and shows us a book that says, How To Be Dauntless and Forget Your Erudite Ways by Eric a Dauntless Leader in Training.

We all laugh again.

"By Eric a Dauntless leader in training." I laugh hysterically.

"But he was Erudite." Chrissy says upset.

"How about this?" Lynn asks and picks up a shirt that says, Dauntless today. Dauntless tomorrow. Dauntless forever

"So Will." We agree.

"What about this for Peter." I laugh and hold up a shirt that says, I don't normally result to violence but when I do I use a butter knife.

"I love that!" Lynn says and grabs the shirt.

"Woah feisty." Mar laughs.

"Grr!" Lynn growls.

We all jump back and Shauna falls into a coat rack. We laugh and make a dog pile on top of her.

"Get yo big buts offa me!" Shauna gasps and says in a weird voice.

We start to look for more gifts. Christina bought hers for Will. Mar bought hers for Uriah. Lynn bought hers for Peter. It's just me and Shauna now.

"This for To-Four?" I say catching myself on his name. I hold up a shirt that says, Someday I want to be like Four who only has four fears.

"He actually is a famous Dauntless prodigy!" Chrissy laughs

"Gosh you're so clueless." Lynn murmurs.

Shauna picks out a shot glass for Zeke that said, Imma drink all yo drinks

"Now since we finished early, we can get makeovers!" Squeals Chrissy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tobias POV

"Four?' Zeke asks

"What?" I say glumly. I've a has a feeling that something went wrong but I don't know what. Is it Tris? I made her promise not to do anything stupid and the girls promised to watch her.

"You seem out of it." Uriah adds.

"It's not like you're saying goodbye forever." Will mumbles.

What if he's wrong? What if Eric got Tris? What if she's dead? What if they found out about her divergence? What if I didn't keep her safe enough. What if it's all my fault and Marcus is beating her? What if she ran away? What if-

"Four. Snap. out. of. it." Uri says sternly and snaps his finger in my face.

He's right I can't keep worrying. I can't protect her from everything. She has do things on her own. She doesn't need me. She's independent and she's divergent. She's strong.

"Would Shauna like this?" Zeke wonders and holds up a black diamond bracelet.

"It's gorgeous. She would totally!" I gush and say all perky like a girl.