17.

Tris

"Chrissy! I'm wearing the outfit you pick-" I start to say.

"No. You're wearing what Mar picked out for m-"

"Girls! You all look amazing!" Marlene shouts over over arguing.

Tobias reaches into his pocket for something. I see him get on one knee. Oh gosh. He's proposing!

"Tris, I love you more then anything. I want you to know that we are forever. Please. Will you promise me? To be mine forever until I ask you again when we are older." Tobias says.

He looks happy and says with a smile. He holds a small white box. He then opens it up. A gold promise ring sits there with 4&6 engraved. That's our fear numbers! Eeee I'm so excited! I practically scam like a girly girl.

"Yes Tobias. Yes I promise you are the love of my life!" I say and hug him tightly. He kisses me as Mar yells at us and so does Chris. They walk away muttering awes.

The first bell rings.

Crap. I pull out my schedule that I got earlier this morning from the Dauntless leaders. Tobias looks at my schedule and smiles.

"We have most of the same classes!" He exclaims. Usually the people of the same faction have the same classes together but somehow Caleb and I have a lot of classes together.

"Yay!" I say happily, "We have gym first."

We go to our lockers which are next to each other. Uri runs up to us with Al and Will.

"Where have you guys been?" They ask.

"Stuff happened but were all good." Tobias replies.

Uri looks at my hand to the ring as Will and Al do. Al looks hurt but quickly recovers. He's smiles sadly at me.

"What classes do you have?" Will asks us.

We show our schedules.

Gym

Math

Free period

History

English

Art

Lunch

Reading

we all have the same classes!!

~~~

I run into Peter on my way to gym. The guys went to change and now I'm left alone. Great Peter is in my gym class. No one else is around because they are changing. I guess I change really fast.

"Stiff." He says.

"Jerk." I say.

"What's that?"

"I said Jerk". I snap.

"You better watch out Stiff." Peter hisses.

"Why?" I ask before he walks away.

He turns his head, "Because you can't fight back."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

I punch Peter in the jaw. He winces but kicks me hard. I fall to the ground. Get up, I remind myself. Remember Initiation? Stay up so he can't knock you out. I get up as he hits me in the ribs. I moan and remember I beat Molly. I can beat Peter. I need revenge. I dodge his next punch. I look around and suddenly a crowd has formed around us. Just like Initiation. I hit Peter but he dodges. I begin to kick him and he is too fast. He grabs my foot causing me to fall on my back. My head hits the ground. My vision begins to black out.

"What's wrong Stiff? Forget how to fight?" He chuckles at me as he kicks me hard, "oh wait you never could fight in Initiation. You only got lucky."

I realize that I'm going to loose. My head is throbbing but no one helps me. My vision blacks out a bit as I hear shouts. Someone picks me up. I see deep blue eyes and notice right away that it's Tobias.

"Tobias." I groan

He shushes me and wipes the blood from my face on his sleeve.

"Get those two into the principal's office now." I hear. It must be our gym teacher. Tobias carries me.