Two

Marlene's POV

Since Tris is still in the hospital and Christina does not feel like partying without her, we have decided to end the baby shower. Hopefully, Tris and her baby are healthy and get better soon. Lynn shared some shocking new earlier once we all gathered in Tris's hospital room. Tris was still sleeping but Lynn told us what is really going on with her. Lynn made a recent Erudite enemy in school and that is what I thought was wrong with her. I was wrong along with all of our other friends. Lynn had cancer and she cut her hair before anyone could find out. We are not supposed to tell anyone or else Lynn will snap our heads off.

I walk down the hallway with Nathan. Our apartment is located far away from my friends since it was the last one available.

Nathan tries to grab my hand. I pull my hand away and flash him a nasty glare.

He stares at my and looks innocent, for once. "What's your problem?" Nathan asks with kindness seeping in his voice.

I chuckle weirdly, "Oh, oh nothing!"

Nathan grabs me by my waist and pushes me into the wall. He stares into my eyes. His eyes never leave mine and I do not dare to look away.

"Seriously, Mar." He says with his eyes lighting up.

"Since when do you care?" I hiss and try to break away from his firm grasp.

He releases me and replies, "I've always cared."

I roll my eyes and speed walk to our apartment. I do not look back or over my shoulder. Footsteps ring in the distance, they are probably his. I just keep walking. Walking, walking endlessly, until we reach our apartment.

Whenever Nathan gets drunk or hung over he locks the doors, afraid that I will leave. There is no way out. He will always come looking for me, no matter how good I hide. Yet, somehow, I have begun to like life here, with him. I cannot be falling for the one who kidnapped me from my friends and boyfriend. I need to find a way out but. . . He makes my life simpler.

~~~~~~

Marlene's POV

By the time we are settled in bed, I decide to have a little fun. Yeah, he told me that he cared about me but I like to tease him. I know that I will get chastised later. I can deal with the lecture. The worst that Nathan ever did to me was pretend to hang me over the stairs. There is no railing so it was kind of terrifying. I had a feeling that he would not drop me because he would have to explain what happened. Then the secret would get out.

Nathan lays sprawled out on his bed, laying on his back. This is my chance for revenge. I laugh mischievously. Nathan stirs but steadies his breaths, becoming even. He has fallen asleep.

I rub my hands together, ready to begin the fun.

~~~~

Tobias POV

Tris still has not moved a muscle except for the slight movements from breathing. But I do not count those tiny movements. I should begin to recognize those subtle movements as an actual movement because every slight movement in her stomach means that she is still alive. It signals each breath of life she takes. Every time that I do not have to worry about Tris not breathing. Every second counts.

I hear the hospital door click. I have been sitting on the edge of Tris's hospital bed since Lynn delivered the news. I have not moved since. The news happened as quick as Lynn came. Lynn stormed off after she gave the news. I still sit next to Tris, not bearing to move. Tris and I are very similar even in life threatening situations. Her stubbornness is something that I do not have in common as her, though. She is one stubborn person even when we first met.

It must be past visiting hours because the doctor walks to me and notes, "Four, you must be tired and plus it is after hours. Tris will be fine, I reassure you that. We will do everything we can to make sure that your baby and Tris live healthy. You are welcome to come back tomorrow."

Tris needs to come back. I need her. I need my other half. Plus, tomorrow is Monday so we have school. Our friends have not been the same these days. Something is up and it is making our friends not act normal. Well they are not normal but as normal as they can get. No one really talks that much at lunch except Tris and I. I am still frying to get Matthew to talk but he will not budge.

I nod, respectively and walk back to our apartment with a million thoughts and questions still stuck in my head.

A/N: Hey, how was it? Thank you all for the great comments :) seriously, your comments make my day. Okay? Please keep commenting because I smile every time I read them. I know, I'm cheesy and weird. Anyways, sorry for such a short chapter. I had swimming all week and I start high school soccer tomorrow. It's for who wants to play next year but they let us play now. My shoulders hurt so bad from practice. Ugh, my coach made us do like fifty crunches and push-ups and a bunch of other exercises plus swimming and diving. Sorry for ranting on and on! Please comment ideas and such. What's up with Matthew? Should Nathan let Marlene go and if he does Will Marlene leave or stay with the one who kidnapped her? Who likes Narlene? (Random ship makeup) What will happen with Lynn's cancer and how does Peter cope with the news? Will Tris ever wake up after what seemed like years? Find out all those questions next chapter. Oh and all rights about divergent are reserved to Veronica Roth. Don't forget to vote! Ily😘