Together At Last

Tobias's POV

"Run."

Tris stumbles and wobbles to try to run to with me. I sigh, knowing that she will not be able to continue. She is still pregnant because luckily I saved her just in time before she drowned in the real life simulation made by Jeannine and Max. The water filled to the top before I could break the bullet proof glass but nothing is ever perfect. There's always a flaw in the system. They were trying to see if a Divergent could break out of a real simulation. I was wrong about Jeannine, she did find out that Tris is Divergent. I need to protect her and our baby. I cannot leave their side or else in a matter of seconds, Tris could be dead. She doesn't have one life to worry about anymore, she has two. One that is innocent and helpless that is growing inside of her stomach.

Tris pants, "I-Can't-Go-Anym. . . ."

I scoop her up into my arms, cradling her like we will with our baby. Running down the hallway and back into Dauntless, I brush the dry blonde hair out of her blue gray eyes.

"I almost died to-today." Tris stammers while shielding her face from the lights by hiding her head into my chest.

"Everyday is like a roller coaster with you except it doesn't go up. One day it goes down really fast and the next it skyrockets into space. If someone said you were an open book, they were lying" I chuckle lightly.

"I-I'm sserious, Tobia. . . ." Tris mumbles with her voice trailing off before completing my name.

"Even if you tried, I wouldn't let you."

"Tobias." She moans.

I whisper in her ear with my lips lightly grazing the top of her ear, "It's okay, I'm here now. Go to sleep. I'll protect you, I promise. There is no pretending, I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then."

"Tobbias. . . Yo-you cannot. . ."

"I love you and I will not leave your side. I just want to spent every possible minute of the rest of my life with you. Is that too much to ask for? And when our baby comes, it will be us three. This isn't my choice. This is what I need to do for you and our baby. When you love someone, you don't have a choice. Love takes your choices away."

"To-Tobias. . . ."

"However much you love me, I will always love you more. And oh, you know what? My nightmares are usually about loosing you." I mutter.

"O-okay, fine. But wh-what if I-I wake uup in anotherr ssimulation or hh-hhave a. . . a bad dream?" She slurs, her eyes fluttering, and almost drifting off into slumber.

"I'll fight the bad dreams off." I mumble, keeping a steady pace.

"With w-what?"

"My bare hands, of course." I chuckle.

Tris doesn't respond, which I am happy for, and instead she falls into a peaceful sleep.

A/N: sorry it was short and I haven't updated in a while. My first swim meet was this week along with soccer. Pssas have started and the third nine weeks is ending and I'm trying to get all A's. I'm really sorry but I might update again tonight.