The Third Task

Thanks for reading :) Enjoy!

~*~**~

The time came for the final task, it was a huge maze filled with horrors as Dumbledore stated before letting the contestants run through it, I moved closer to Fred—I had a bad feeling about this task and it wasn't just because of the eerie atmosphere but because something wasn't right. The school year was almost over and aside from noticing how creepy Moody was, it was going well, Kristen and the others had left me alone after the Yule Ball and I could enjoy being with Fred without a care in the world.

"It'll be alright, I got you," Fred whispered in my ear. I looked up at him about to say something when I noticed Mr. Weasley glancing at us, I blushed and smiled at him. When he came to see the task earlier in the day he had caught us kissing and now it was just awkward, but he was very happy for his son.

The task soon started and we sat down waiting for the end, we saw a jet of sparks and some professors went in and came out with both Fleur and Krum—which only left Hogwarts to take the cup. "Looks like we'll win either way," Fred whispered as he nibbled on my ear. I felt my face heat up and I heard Fred laugh, he pulled a strand of my hair in front of my face—it was now the same color red as his, from beside Mr. Weasley let out a gasp.

"Does that make you a metamorphmagus then dear?" He exclaimed excitedly.

I nodded sheepishly as Fred encouraged me to be proud about it, "I suppose so."

Mr. Weasley beamed excitedly—at least some people liked me, I wonder if Dumbledore ever told him. I doubt if the Weasleys knew that I would actually be allowed to stay with them so often, Fred leaned forward and whispered in my ear, "I told you that you were special."

I blushed and my hair got even brighter according to Fred as he broke out into a bigger laugh.

It wasn't until a loud crack did my torture stop, I looked down in the arena and saw Harry huddled over a body. I held in the bile that was coming from my stomach, I could only guess what happened—I ran to Harry's side and placed my hands on his shaking arms he looked up with the same green eyes we shared and uttered the phrase I least expected.

"He's back, Voldemort's back."

I stumbled backwards until I fell to the ground, from above Draco Malfoy helped me up, he didn't look me in the eyes but he seemed to know what I was thinking. Because the next thing I knew he was hugging me tightly, when he let go his steel grey eyes were glossy. "Riley whatever you do, please don't go home, understand me?"

I nodded without hesitation, Draco was my cousin and he was a close friend even when acting like a git. I'd listen to him no matter what, especially when it came to matters of my familial life. I hugged him again before going to find Fred. Draco grabbed my hand again, "promise me you won't."

I nodded slowly, "I promise Draco."

He gave a slight smile and grasped my hand tightly, "I'm so sorry for everything Riley."

He was really good at confusing me lately and I nodded none the less.

He let go and I ran off to find Fred. Who hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead, I smiled at him and we left the arena—Draco's words and actions playing around in my head. I followed Fred and he told me what happened as we made our way to the common room, I sat in his lap silently and he played with my hair, George sat beside us silently staring at the fire. I sighed and made it so I was sitting between them and I hugged them both tightly, "don't leave got that?" they both nodded as I pulled them into another big hug just as the portrait hole opened and Harry stumbled through.

I ran up to him and saw how horrible he looked, I pulled him to the chairs and cleaned up his wounds silently. "Riley...does this mean you'll be leaving?" He suddenly asked.