Change

Hope you enjoy! ^_^ please comment and vote!

~*~*~*~

"Put these in your pocket, hurry," I whispered to Fred and George as we cleaned the drawing room with the others and Sirius. Fred and George began putting pixies in their pockets.

"Sirius, what's this?" Harry called as he pointed at an old portrait with burn marks within them.

Sirius glanced up and laughed, "that's the Black family tree."

I glanced over at Harry and Sirius who were pointing to various people on a painting of a family tree with burn marks, I suppose someone zapped a lot of pictures.

"That was your mother, Riley," he said as he pointed to a rather nasty burn mark.

I started to tremble, I turned away and locked eyes with Fred. I smiled before leaving the room in a rush—I felt rather sick at moment so I ran to the bathroom to vomit.

I sat in the bathtub and held my legs close to me. I hadn't even gotten to say goodbye to my mother, and I wish I had, tears streamed down my face and I tried to wipe them away but they continued. I stood up and walked over to the sink where I looked in the dirty mirror that hung above it, I ran a hand through my brown hair and shuddered. I had my father's hair and eyes, how could my mother stand to look at me growing up?

My mother had beautiful black hair, it was always thick and straight, when she curled her hair, it looked like velvet. Why couldn't I have her hair?

I smiled a twisted smile as I studied my eyes—they were the same color as my father's, "this is your fault you know?" I muttered to the brunette staring back at me. I grabbed my hair and pulled it into a pony tail and let my bangs hang in front of my face, hoping that my hair would look different, "look at you, looking like your father, I can't stand the sight," I tried turning my hair black and my eyes brown like my mothers and smiled, "there we go..." I was the spitting image of her, I began sobbing again, why did my mother have to be killed? I looked through the drawers of the sink and found a pair of scissors, I smiled triumphantly, lifting the blades toward my hair.

I didn't stop until my hair was two inches from my shoulders, I smiled triumphantly as I put all the hair in the trash bin beside the sink. I let my hair stay black and began to turn my eyes again, I left them with a steel blue—anything other than green.

"What did you do to yourself?" Fred smiled as I emerged from the bathroom some time later.

I grabbed my hair and blushed as he laughed, "what do you think?"

Fred kissed my forehead, "it looks nice."

I smiled and hugged him before walking to the kitchen.

            *Fred's POV*

"Boys! Come here," dad called us from downstairs.

We appeared right before him—giving him a small start before nodding, "you two have an important job."

I looked at George and we both grinned in excitement, "What is it Dad?"

"Well, since many of Riley's clothing and things have been ruined we think it would be best if you took her to Diagon Alley to shop for her supplies and then into muggle London for normal clothing."

We nodded, "good, you'll take her tomorrow while I take Harry to his hearing we'll meet by the Ministry entrance alright?"

***

The next day we set out to Diagon Alley with Riley excitedly bouncing on her toes as we touched the brick wall into the busy street, Riley practically ran at a full sprint to every store window. George started chasing her as she ran to get new robes.