Secrets

*Riley's POV*

Fred's hand sure was sweaty, I guess it was because of the summer heat, but if it wasn't the heat I was really happy that I made him this nervous, I truly hoped it was the latter. I glanced up at him and noticed the freckles on his cheeks and how the moonlight reflected on his red hair, he was extremely handsome. I mean, George was too, but for some reason I was closer to Fred than George, but neither seemed to mind. Sometimes I felt bad about how I tried to flirt with Fred while George was around but I'd make it up to George by thinking of pranks with him when I wasn't spending time with Harry and the others.

Mrs. Weasley came and hugged us all tightly and expressed how relieved she was that we were alright, then she made us a little bit of food before ushering us to bed.

"Riley, will you be staying here?" She asked as I stayed behind the rest.

I nodded slightly, "will that be alright?"

Mrs. Weasley smiled, "of course dear! Go to Ginny's room, she can make a bed for you there."

I smiled and nodded before heading up the stairs, I glanced back to see if she was watching me as I went up the stairs to the very top and knocked on the door quietly. A mess of black hair opened it and I slipped inside Ron's tiny room as I grinned, "any room for me?"

Ron smiled as he and Harry moved their beds together to make a bigger one, I jumped onto the bed and laid on top of the covers with them.

"So what exactly happened out there?" I whispered.

"There was a man, he shot the dark mark into the air and was about to come after us when the ministry showed up and then we found Winky the elf stunned-holding my wand." Harry whispered.

I sat up and looked at him with a frown, "is Winky alright?"

"She's perfectly fine, scared out of her mind though," Ron replied.

I nodded as sleep began to overtake me, there would be more time to talk on the train, I reminded myself. I heard Ron's breathing get heavy and the snores began, I poked Harry in the arm as he turned onto his side to face me.

"So have you finally kissed Fred yet?" he whispered teasingly.

I gave a small laugh and shook my head, "don't make fun of me!"

Harry laughed, "was your summer alright?"

I chewed on my lower lip and shrugged, "nothing too exciting," I tried to keep my response as vague as possible.

"You know you can tell us the truth right? It's not like we'd judge you or anything," Harry said quietly.

I nodded my head, "I know I can," I said softly. It wasn't that I couldn't trust my friends, it was that I was strictly not allowed to say a word. Oliver's orders. Mainly to protect myself.

"Then why not say what really happened during your summer?" Harry pushed further.

I shook my head slightly, "I just...I can't...Oliver's orders."

Harry was quiet for a moment, "I can keep a secret."

I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath, "maybe one day. But not today."

Harry studied me quietly and gave a single nod, "deal."

*Fred's POV*

I glanced at Riley who was sitting next to Harry at the breakfast table, I watched her as she would occasionally glance at Harry and smile. I frowned, I had thought that when we got back that she would stay in our room but she didn't-I didn't even know if she stayed with us until I sat down at the breakfast table.

Riley glanced up from her eggs at me and my face heated up as she smirked at me, she had caught me staring at her.

"You should show her that new product you've been working on," George whispered beside me, I looked up and shook my head.

"It's not ready yet and hasn't been tested," I stated as I took a bite of eggs.

George shrugged, "then show her the concept of it."

I frowned, "I don't want her to see it until it's ready."

George sighed of exasperation, I knew he was getting tired of our little flirting and my pining away at her, it's been an entire year of this after all. "listen, I know that you wanted to do everything perfectly so that when you finally ask her out she'll say yes but I'd move soon-like now. Especially when Wood isn't around to guard her, you've waited for this moment for an entire year!"

I rubbed my neck and frowned, "alright, alright! I see your point!"

George smiled, "then go for it Romeo." He leaned in closer before continuing, "I'll make sure no one else is around."

I nodded as I stood up from the table and put my dish in the sink, I felt a hand placed on my arm and saw Riley standing next to me and smiled. "Hey I was just about to ask you if you wanted to go out to the lake or something."

Riley's eyes sparkled as she smiled, "where's the lake?"

I smiled, "it's a quick broom ride if you're willing."

Riley nodded excitedly and smiled, "meet you outside in ten?"

I nodded as she ran up the stairs to get dressed, I washed our plates and grabbed a wicker basket and started filling it with little things to eat and a blanket to sit on. "Where are you going dear?" mum asked as she began clearing the table.

I looked up and smiled at her, "the lake."

I saw a twinkle in my mom's eye and guessed that she knew what I was going to do and she was behind my actions fully, "be careful dearie."